Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    i have just been accepted onto my dream MSc course at swansea university.
    the issue here is when i tried to resign from my posistion at work, they came back a week later with a propsal. they propose i do part time (3 days a week) but instead of managing four managers, i would be managing 10 managers. this is an incredible opportunity but it would mean i cant actually move to swansea like i planned but instead would have to drive there once a week for my lecutres. i live 155 miles away from the uni (3 hours drive).
    anyone facing or faced having to commute this distance to uni before? any suggestions?

regards

ReputationRep:
    If you're a good driver and have done longer distances then you should be fine just always plan ahead with traffic and that sort of thing and make sure you have a good car for the journey to make it enjoyable
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    For me personally that would be very tiring and I don't think i'd be able to do it. It would seem like a lot of travel especially for 9am lectures. You also have assignments and revision to do on top of all that which I don't think I would fancy doing after a 3 hour journey

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the quick responses.
    i love driving and at present i do around 120miles per day in my current job role.
    i have a good comfortable 5 series and its practically my sanctuary.
    the lectures are on wednesdays i wont be working on tuesdays so i was thinking of leaving ealry in the mornings or sometimes stay in bed and breakfast the night before.

another choice is to move to the middle of these two locations?

regards

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.