I don't understand... Watch

It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I was eating at Maccie D's with my cousin this arvo. She ordered one of those new Signature Collection meals. She's a gym goer, so I thought it would be a reasonable question to ask how many calories were in her meal.......... she didn't know.

What sort of f***ing hedon goes to the gym, yet doesn't count their calories??? I couldn't enjoy my meal after that, watching her eat it was giving me anxiety.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
TajwarC
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
permabulk life
username2569523
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TajwarC)
permabulk life
This.
whocares?123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't count my calories 😂😂😂
JindleBrey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's not the calories but the type of calorie that counts you moron
Viva Emptiness
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Computers are not yet able to count as high as my calories.
Discrepancy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It shows she is not a freak, when it comes to eating, which is a good thing.
username1439610
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Gotta confuse the macros, right babe?
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by WoodyMKC)
What sort of f***ing hedon goes to the gym, yet doesn't count their calories??? I couldn't enjoy my meal after that, watching her eat it was giving me anxiety.
Someone who wants to enjoy life.

So much of nutrition science is terrible anyway. We obsess over the beef in a Big Mac when the bread of the bun is just going to break down into sugar. Most of the food we are told to eat large quantities of is a diabetes nightmare.

CBA with it all.
Asolare
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
tragic.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
(Original post by JindleBrey)
It's not the calories but the type of calorie that counts you moron
Incorrect "you moron" To suggest such a thing shows a lack of basic understanding about how nutrients are used.

Proteins are not equal. Amino acid content and bioavailability have to be considered.

A carb is pretty much a carb. Carbohydrates are converted to glucose - that goes, regardless of the GI content of the carb. Higher GI carbs will simply be assimilated at a faster rate. This does not mean that one type of carb is more likely to be stored as fat than another is - also, GI content becomes irrelevant when carbs are consumed with proteins or fats. Some like to argue that higher GI carbs cause a bigger insulin spike and therefore you gain more fat - while the first part is correct, the duration of the spike is short lived, and while a low GI carb produces a smaller insulin spike, the duration is longer, and the overall magnitude of the spike is more or less the same. Again, though, this assumes the carb is consumed alone.

Fats are also pretty much fats and all utilised the same - the fatty acids are utilised as energy.

This all of course is from a body composition and practical perspective, the health benefits and negatives are determined by what comes with the type of food being eaten in terms of micronutrients or chemicals and byproducts.

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
Someone who wants to enjoy life.

So much of nutrition science is terrible anyway. We obsess over the beef in a Big Mac when the bread of the bun is just going to break down into sugar. Most of the food we are told to eat large quantities of is a diabetes nightmare.

CBA with it all.
I'm the same. I count calories and I have a rough protein target. That's it as far as tracking goes. I don't count carbs and fats because if you just eat "normal" food then they tend to balance out pretty well. I certainly don't fuss over high GI and low GI, or "good" and "bad" fats. Pretty much for the reasons I stated above to the other guy, while I do attempt to eat generally healthily and get my fruits and veggies in, all the other stuff is just small details not worth fussing over. People also say things like "the beef in McDonald's burgers is low quality" - all that's meant when someone says a meat is of "low quality" is that the fat content of the meat is high. There's still 20g of protein in a hamburger and it's still f***ing beef protein, so it's quality protein - it just comes with some fats. Big deal.

This goes whether I'm bulking or cutting. Works very well for me :top:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (105)
17.65%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.39%
Not great so far... (212)
35.63%
I want to drop out! (115)
19.33%

Watched Threads