The Student Room Group

Can i do law in uni being 16 years of age

im 16 wanting to join a uni to study law do llb is this possible if not what is the alternative that will help what can i do
Original post by luckyfooty02
im 16 wanting to join a uni to study law do llb is this possible if not what is the alternative that will help what can i do

If you have the entry requirements (A level or equivalent) then I guess?

Do you have the A level grades? Am impressed.
Have you finished school?

You might provide some information.
Original post by 999tigger
Do you have the A level grades? Am impressed.
Have you finished school?

You might provide some information.

im doing A level next year but i've been studying law for 2 years now memorised many cases and done a lot of work my mum is a barrister my dads a lawyer they've tutored me i think im at the uni stage very confident but a bit confused on what to do
I think you can do Open University from 16 if that's an option- they offer LLB Law.
Reply 5
im doing A level next year but i've been studying law for 2 years now memorised many cases and done a lot of work my mum is a barrister my dads a lawyer they've tutored me i think im at the uni stage very confident but a bit confused on what to do

If you haven't completed a minimum of 3 A-levels then no, you won't be able to apply.

You need to do your A levels first, no university will accept you for LLB law without it - with your parents experience they should be able to advise you on this
Original post by Ruby1997
You need to do your A levels first, no university will accept you for LLB law without it - with your parents experience they should be able to advise you on this

yes thats what everyone sad i was hoping there was a way to get straight to uni
yes thats what everyone sad i was hoping there was a way to get straight to uni

It's only 2 years away! And if you went to uni at 16 it would be awful - all your friends at university would be going out partying/drinking/ext... and you wouldn't be allowed to go! Focus on getting amazing GCSE's and A levels & tutoring from your parents and you'll be do amazing in your law degree one day :smile:
Original post by Ruby1997
It's only 2 years away! And if you went to uni at 16 it would be awful - all your friends at university would be going out partying/drinking/ext... and you wouldn't be allowed to go! Focus on getting amazing GCSE's and A levels & tutoring from your parents and you'll be do amazing in your law degree one day :smile:

Thank Your fOR the Kind Reply Really Appreciate Your Time😊😊

Mate law is so much more than learning cases - it's about a very specific type of problem solving, a mastery of writing to convey different tones that to some people are almost indistingusiable. A strong understanding of nuance, the ability to construct and follow a line of argument from start to finish in a logical manner and then critical evaluate that to find it's strengths and weaknesses

With all due respect, and acknowledging the fact that you are probably bright, i do genuinely doubt that your abilities in the above arenas are at a point where they can be developed through the independent study and minimal guidance that you are subjected to at uni. Instead what I think would benefit you more, really nurture your talents and best prepare you for an LLB (or BA if you go to Oxbridge) is the structured environment of sixth form where you are guided through the process and teachers invest time into helping you develop the skills I've mentioned. A seed can't grow without first getting water and sunlight, and it's the same here. You need that initial assistance before you're ready to start learning at university level

Regards,
A Law School Reject :P

Then contact the unis and tell them how advanced you are.
You can try and get them to accept you as a child prodigy, but it would be better if you just did your A levels now, because everyone else has to and I dont see why you think you should be allowed to skip work that everyone else has to to do?
Depends, do you live in america?

In some scenarios you can be admitted to the bar with out a law degree.

Although I dont see any of them applying to someone with no work experience
Wait till you finish a levels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending