Please help me: I have severe anxiety and start year 2 of Uni on Wednesday

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am moving back to my Uni town tomorrow in a house I don't know anyone and I don't have any real friends on or off my course.

First year was very hard with my anxiety, I'm a guy on a mainly female course, one of the girls picked on me about my appearance, one girl always used to stare at me (I think due to my anxiety I draw attention to myself because of my demeanour, serious look and tense posture etc), and one guy is hyperactive and always says things which can be offensive and make me anxious.

The course is the only reason I'm going back, I want to pass it and get a job in the field, but I feel my anxiety which is further perpetuated by these people will make it impossible, especially as I have 2 more years of it.

It really affects me in lectures as that's where they are, and I come away feeling drained and dreading the next lecture, where I'll probably be even more anxious.

Can anyone please help
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Anyone?
Jack123210
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Could you try joining a club that you enjoy to try to make more friends? That might give you something to enjoy. And maybe have you thought the girl who tares might be interested in you? It's just a thought but I know how bad anxiety can be so just message me if you need to talk.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.93%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.29%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.08%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.15%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.88%

Watched Threads