The Student Room Group

Help!! A Level Choices

Hi everyone.

I'm struggling with picking my A Level subjects... I know that i definitely want to choose History and History of Art and probably Biology too, but i am very undecided about my last subject.
I am considering Latin, but am not amazing at it, and was wondering if anyone had any experience of doing Latin A Level (I really enjoy set texts, just not a fan of English to Latin translation and apparetenly there is lots of this in a level??)

Can anyone help? or even just provide some advice for choosing a levels! Very stressed out!!
Thanks a bunch xxx
Depending on which collage you are going to, there is normally lots of choice for A Levels. have a look at the options in detail and see which would interest you. I would try to pick something you are good at as well as enjoy. As ALevels are harder than GCSE's. But also look ahead to future careers and uni options to see what ALevels may suit that as you will be limited to what you can do with some ALevels.
You’ll be glad to hear there is a lot of set text in A level, much much more that at GCSE. I really found this part of the course difficult though as you have to rote learn a lot of literature with it’s english translation. But there is still a lot of translations you’ll have to do; latin to English and even vice versa. I think latin would also be good if taken with English lit too as there is a huge focus on the literature element :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest