The Student Room Group

How do I start using my Frees wisely????

I have just started sixth form and well there is slightly more freedom as you all knw......i dont like wasting time but sometimes i do find myself procrastinating.....i dont want this to become the case in my free periods.....what do you all usually do in your frees and how do you make them productive?
Original post by ImReady!
I have just started sixth form and well there is slightly more freedom as you all knw......i dont like wasting time but sometimes i do find myself procrastinating.....i dont want this to become the case in my free periods.....what do you all usually do in your frees and how do you make them productive?

I would suggest starting off with using them to work for 20% of their duration and slowly build up until at the end of the year your almost using your entire free to revise. When you are working work well, when your not relax fully, no half and half it doesn't work.
I do as much homework in my frees as I can because I don't usually get home until 5pm so it makes life much easier. That said, if I have a short piece of homework I can easily do at home and if someone else is free, I'll often do casual work with them (basically talking with a book out) since a social life is important.
Reply 3
My advice would be always have something to work on. And always do a little, even if it's just a few sentences. Free periods are a good time to get things done, especially if you start early in the free period so you're still in the flow of your last lesson. I usually do homework first, depending on its urgency. But if I didn't have any homework to do, it always was quite useful to add a sentence or two to some coursework, or my personal statement, or to CAS. That way even if I did spend the rest of the free period relaxing, I'd still have done a little work, which adds up over many free periods.
Plan your frees. You don't have to have them planned down to the second but just have an idea of what you want to do when you're free, so you're not wasting time thinking of something to get on with. As mentioned in some other replies get homework done, so you don't have to do it at home!
Hope this helps 😊
Reply 5
Original post by xchloeann
Plan your frees. You don't have to have them planned down to the second but just have an idea of what you want to do when you're free, so you're not wasting time thinking of something to get on with. As mentioned in some other replies get homework done, so you don't have to do it at home!
Hope this helps 😊

planning is definitely a crucial essential
Do your homework in your frees and use your 6th form study room/library

Quick Reply

Latest