Do you have to do Geography or History for GCSE Watch

josephxtad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm wondering if I need to do either of those for gcse, cause I wanted to do Geography for GCSE, but it doesn't go with the subjects I chosen..So I'm wondering if I could skip Geography for GCSE and do it in my A Levels..
username3529236
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
don't worry about subjects not going together at all- it honestly doesn't matter. If you love geography enough that you know that you want to do it for A level, then efinitely do it for GCSE.

At most schools, you are requried to have taken the GCSE of the subjects you wish to continue to A Level..
x
Ruqayyah Aslam
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There is a big leap between geography gcse and geography a level. Also I'm not sure but wouldn't you need geography gcse to do geography a level? What other gcse subjects have you chosen?
username3025040
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I strongly recommend you do GCSE geography if you know you want to do it at A-Level.
_gcx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by josephxtad)
I'm wondering if I need to do either of those for gcse, cause I wanted to do Geography for GCSE, but it doesn't go with the subjects I chosen..So I'm wondering if I could skip Geography for GCSE and do it in my A Levels..
What do you mean "go together"? No-one cares what you take at GCSE provided it facilitates your A-level choices, and you do well. I'd imagine that most sixth forms would require GCSE Geography to take it A-level.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (75)
14.97%
1 (68)
13.57%
2 (65)
12.97%
20.56%
20.36%
5 (88)
17.56%

Watched Threads