southpacific
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey bros, does anyone have ideas about the interview in Cambridge Queen's College? Many thanks

I'm this year's math applicant, and would like to have some pre-knowledge about the interview, so that I won't get ultra nervous on the day.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by southpacific)
Hey bros, does anyone have ideas about the interview in Cambridge Queen's College? Many thanks

I'm this year's math applicant, and would like to have some pre-knowledge about the interview, so that I won't get ultra nervous on the day.
This document from 2015 has some information on interview formats at different colleges, including Queen's, as well as virtually any other thing you'll need to know to apply to Maths at Cambridge
southpacific
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
This document from 2015 has some information on interview formats at different colleges, including Queen's, as well as virtually any other thing you'll need to know to apply to Maths at Cambridge
This is enormously helpful, thank you indeed
And is there a 2017 version for this somewhere?
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by southpacific)
This is enormously helpful, thank you indeed
And is there a 2017 version for this somewhere?
Not to my knowledge, but I doubt it'll have changed significantly. There may be some more up-to-date information on the college website?
carly1999
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm starting at Queens' for maths this year - we had 2 interviews that were 20-25 minutes, and we were asked for our 3 favourite topics although I really don't think much emphasis was put on these topics in the interview from both mine and another applicants opinion. They do read your personal statement and SAQ as I got asked about something on mine so bare this in mind! If you've got any more questions let me know 🙂
Timothy CK
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by carly1999)
I'm starting at Queens' for maths this year - we had 2 interviews that were 20-25 minutes, and we were asked for our 3 favourite topics although I really don't think much emphasis was put on these topics in the interview from both mine and another applicants opinion. They do read your personal statement and SAQ as I got asked about something on mine so bare this in mind! If you've got any more questions let me know 🙂
Is there any pre-interview or post-interview test just like those administered by other colleges?
southpacific
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Timothy CK)
Is there any pre-interview or post-interview test just like those administered by other colleges?
Nope.No tests for maths at Queens', but you will be asked to put down 3 topics of interest before your interview. There are two 25-30 min interviews. In the 1st one you get some alevel maths relevant to your topics of interest and you will be asked to plot GRAPHS. The 2nd interview is purely competition maths, but the questions are not super difficult and you get hints.(This is just my case)

ps: I did my interview at Queens' last year but got pooled to another college. Be aware there are 'tpo players' among the applicants. But the college and accommodation there is SPLENDID so go for it! If you have any further questions post here or pm me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (313)
56.09%
I don't have everything I need (245)
43.91%

Watched Threads