Has anyone transferred credits TO the OU from elsewhere? Watch

pixie toes
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
If so, did they transfer ALL the credits you requested? Were they fairly lenient about it, or very tough on how many credits can be transferred?

Thanks
Persipan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, I did (although not particularly recently).

Generally, it'll depend on what degree you want to transfer the credit into. If it's an Open Degree then pretty much anything goes (at levels 1 and 2, anyway; you have to do the whole of level 3 with the OU). For a named degree, they'll consider how closely what you've done matches the content of the OU modules, so you may not be able to transfer the whole lot. I believe they usually tell you how much you could transfer to an Open Degree as well, if you ask them to look at credit to put towards a named degree, just so you know either way.
zarina2010
Badges: 5
Report 2 years ago
Agree with the above post. That's exactly how it works. I have all 180 credits transferred to an open degree I will be starting this October. With an open degree they will usually award you all the credits as long as the study you did is less than 20 years old (I think!)
Hth
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads