The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amandarobinson
I found VR on Medify to be around the same difficulty as the actual UKCAT. I was averaging around 600 on Medify (it was my weakest section) and scored 600 in the real thing as well. There were some longer passages but only a few, just remain calm as most people panic as it is the first section and your score should be same as Medify.

My score on medify is also around 600 it's my weakest section. Just wanted to make sure I can get 600 and above in this to prevent it bringing down my average score to much. Thanks.
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could kindly let me use their medify account for a few days as my test is on the upcoming Wednesday 22nd. I'm finding QR a bit hard and issue with timing in that section. I would kindly appreciate any help and advice and if I could use someone account who isn't using it.

Many thanks,
I have a Medify UCKAT course to expire on October 4th (last testing date is October 2nd so no worries there). I have not done ANY practice on the account(literally not a single question), which means that all the mini-mocks and full mocks are still there, and the performance statistics and feedback are not messed with.
If anyone is interested DM me.
Reply 683
Just did my ukcat, I got 2590 (648). How bad is it? I was considering not doing bmat as I'm not sure I'll be able to cope with the workload on top of a-levels.

Unis I'm considering are: Birmingham, Nottingham and Manchester.

GCSEs: 9A*s 2As
Original post by kenj_
Just did my ukcat, I got 2590 (648). How bad is it? I was considering not doing bmat as I'm not sure I'll be able to cope with the workload on top of a-levels.

It’s below last year’s threshold for manchester but you never know, the averages may drop this year. You could check out FOIs for each uni to see
Original post by kenj_

Cardiff would guarantee interview with the GCSEs you have . They have very little weight on UKcat
Reply 686
Original post by Popeye_ukuk
Cardiff would guarantee interview with the GCSEs you have . They have very little weight on UKcat

I wanted to stick to English unis preferably
Original post by kenj_
I wanted to stick to English unis preferably

Congrats on your score . How long did you revise for and what resources did you use
Reply 688
Original post by lion-tiger
Congrats on your score . How long did you revise for and what resources did you use

I revised for 4 weeks and used medify and the isc 1250q book
Reply 689
Original post by arigziegler
It’s below last year’s threshold for manchester but you never know, the averages may drop this year. You could check out FOIs for each uni to see

FOI?
Original post by kenj_
FOI?

Freedom of information requests I believe
Reply 691
Original post by Clarareeves2001
Freedom of information requests I believe

Thank you!
Anyone doing september BMAT?
Hi Guys!

I am due to take my UKCAT soon, any tips on how to contain nerves?
Original post by blessedbytheone
Hi Guys!

I am due to take my UKCAT soon, any tips on how to contain nerves?

Just try to relax during the one minute before each section starts! Feel confident as you've put the effort in to prepare so you know what to do!
Original post by amandarobinson
Just try to relax during the one minute before each section starts! Feel confident as you've put the effort in to prepare so you know what to do!

Yes very helpful tips thanks!

Just doing Medify mocks is instilling huge amount of fear in me and nerves! So I want to curb it the few odd days I have left, before going into the UKCAT exam.
Reply 696
Does anyone else's medify seem to allocate too much time on DM timed practice?
Sometimes it gives me like 30 questions In 38 mins. That's not how much we get in the exam ...
Original post by Bmd28
Does anyone else's medify seem to allocate too much time on DM timed practice?
Sometimes it gives me like 30 questions In 38 mins. That's not how much we get in the exam ...

Yes same (Had to do 10 questions in 14 mins 28 seconds) but I still don't finish the questions in time...
Reply 698
Original post by Sainsburysbasics
Yes same (Had to do 10 questions in 14 mins 28 seconds) but I still don't finish the questions in time...

Isn't that really bad ? Like they're giving us too much time
Original post by Bmd28
Isn't that really bad ? Like they're giving us too much time

That is but what can we do

Latest

Trending

Trending