The Student Room Group

HELP ME

I am always looking up how to stop procrastinating, which means I spend so much time researching that I never actually end up doing the goal I set for myself, it is becoming seriously annoying and I can't stop. It is okay(ish) when the task is set by a teacher, but when I give myself a personal goal I end up convincing my self it is unimportant. Am I the only one to do this?
Reply 1
Original post by annabeee1233
I am always looking up how to stop procrastinating, which means I spend so much time researching that I never actually end up doing the goal I set for myself, it is becoming seriously annoying and I can't stop. It is okay(ish) when the task is set by a teacher, but when I give myself a personal goal I end up convincing my self it is unimportant. Am I the only one to do this?

Everyone procrastinates from time to time and that's completely normal. You just have to stop it from letting it become a lifestyle. What I have found most feasible for me is taking notes on tasks that I should do during the week and if I stick to that plan, I give myself a treat (going out to the pub, buying clothes, etc.). If you stick to a plan that you've come up with, you will see how with time you get things done quicker and you are left with more time to relax and do stuff that you enjoy. No task is unimportant! If it has to be done, it is important.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending