username3314458
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys, I just wanted to ask whether anyone knows if you can get in to Medicine through clearing if you didn't originally apply to it?
shunoai95
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
As far as I know, you cannot enter medicine through clearing.
President Snow
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shunoai95)
As far as I know, you cannot enter medicine through clearing.
In an incredibly unusual turn of events the University of Liverpool and University of Sheffield medical degrees did in fact enter Clearing this year (2017): http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/your-pra...035094.article

@OP Although - as seen above - medical degrees can in theory enter clearing, the chances of this happening in any particular year are incredibly slim, the number of places on offer very low, and (presumably) they go to the very top candidates rejected by other universities.

I suggest you apply to medicine as normal & only fallback to Clearing as an absolute last resort in the case of four rejections.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Maha1999)
Hey guys, I just wanted to ask whether anyone knows if you can get in to Medicine through clearing if you didn't originally apply to it? For example, I am applying to Genetics this year as my predictions aren't strong enough to apply to medicine , but if I get really good A Level grades i.e. minimum AAA, Then can I apply to Medicine through clearing? or will i have to have applied to Medicine originally as well?
Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks
If you get grades which are both better than expected and excellent then a better tactic might be a gap year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username3314458
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
If you get grades which are both better than expected and excellent then a better tactic might be a gap year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh okay, Thanks!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (25)
67.57%
No I haven't decided yet (6)
16.22%
Yes but I might change my mind (6)
16.22%

Watched Threads