The Student Room Group

PewDiePie is a racist?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Paranoid_Glitch

PewDiePie was apparently being subconsciously racist. I think It's absurd that some people see it that way, but i am curious to see what you may think.

Yes he is. I know he's a pinup boy now for alt-right ******s but the fact is if you repeatedly say "Death to all Jews, the Jews must be killed" then you are an anti-semitic racist. In that situation, you either actively hate all Jews and apparently giggling after saying it means it's all a joke and it's fine.

Or else you're such a puerile, self-absorbed douche that you make "jokes" chanting "death to all Jews", and in doing so are so indifferent to the fate of said people that it is racism anyway.

But as usual, the poor cuck snowflake alt-right will hold him up and start crying and shrieking that they're being oppressed :lol: Poor little cuck-right
Original post by TheMcSame
Slip of the tongue, probably didn't mean to say it I guess.

Was it a slip of the tongue when he said "Death to all Jews"?

The guy is scum; a puerile, giggling little racist whose schtick is to say really racist things and then claim anyone who finds it revolting is "oppressing" him. People who are not racist don't repeatedly say racist things and then hide it behind jokes (as if calling for the genocide of a particular group that actually suffered genocide in living memory is ever funny).

It's not a coincidence that white supremacist groups are huge fans of his. They have openly said that they love what he's doing because it normalises anti-semitism and makes it "cool" and "ironic".

In reality, the only people who are impressed by that are white supremacists, racists and puerile manchildren whose grasp of humour and what's funny extends to merely being shocking (because that's what 12 year olds find funny and "oooh, so edgy")
Original post by joecphillips
An example of false dmca countersuits is Online Policy Group v. Diebold, Incorporated, this shows you can be liable for court costs and damages.

Also the company that is filing the dmcas gave him permission to use their products in his videos so he can not have committed any infringement for using it.

When did they give him express permission? Link please
Original post by Mathemagicien
Well, even if they fail, they will put YouTube's large racist community into the spotlight again, and will hopefully cause advertisers to pull out even more.

Agreed. The guy is an absolute ****-bag. His repeated chants of "Death to all Jews" tell you exactly what kind of person he is, and it's not a coincidence that white supremacist groups have praised him for "normalising racism and making it cool".

The guy is scum. The people who think he is great are also scum.
Reply 24
Original post by BaronFortescue
When did they give him express permission? Link please

http://www.firewatchgame.com/about/
Yes. We love that people stream and share their experiences in the game. You are free to monetize your videos as well.
Agreed. The guy is an absolute ****-bag. His repeated chants of "Death to all Jews" tell you exactly what kind of person he is, and it's not a coincidence that white supremacist groups have praised him for "normalising racism and making it cool".

The guy is scum. The people who think he is great are also scum.

Sorry, but you have to be suffering from the highest form of retardation to actually believe this guy is racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjNILjFters&feature=youtu.be

This is quite a good takedown of PDP and his nazi "antics"
Original post by Terry Tibbs
Sorry, but you have to be suffering from the highest form of retardation to actually believe this guy is racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did I trigger you? Poor little cuck racist. Go on, stamp your tiny foot :lol:
Original post by joecphillips
http://www.firewatchgame.com/about/
Yes. We love that people stream and share their experiences in the game. You are free to monetize your videos as well.

As it's an 'at-will' licence, unsupported by contractual consideration, they're entitled to withdraw it at any time. If he no longer has their permission he has to take the video down
Was it a slip of the tongue when he said "Death to all Jews"?

The guy is scum; a puerile, giggling little racist whose schtick is to say really racist things and then claim anyone who finds it revolting is "oppressing" him. People who are not racist don't repeatedly say racist things and then hide it behind jokes (as if calling for the genocide of a particular group that actually suffered genocide in living memory is ever funny).

It's not a coincidence that white supremacist groups are huge fans of his. They have openly said that they love what he's doing because it normalises anti-semitism and makes it "cool" and "ironic".

In reality, the only people who are impressed by that are white supremacists, racists and puerile manchildren whose grasp of humour and what's funny extends to merely being shocking (because that's what 12 year olds find funny and "oooh, so edgy":wink:

He never said that at all (at least not to my knowledge)... That was the Fiverr incident that you're referring to right?...He explained the situation, he did it as a joke and never expected them to actually honour it.

You're also choosing to ignore the part where I CLEARLY say that what he did here isn't okay, even if it was accidental.
Did I trigger you? Poor little cuck racist. Go on, stamp your tiny foot :lol:

A regressive virtue signalling snowflake crying over someone using a naughty word is calling someone triggered, how quaint.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Literally Hitler.
Slip of the tongue. Please. This is not the first time he's had a racist outburst. I don't get why he's so popular.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Slip of the tongue. Please. This is not the first time he's had a racist outburst. I don't get why he's so popular.

He has never said anything racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
I don't think it makes him racist but he's certainly stupid for allowing it to slip out while streaming. (I assume he was streaming and didn't voluntarily put this in an edited video..)
Oh no, he said a word, terrible.
What kind of logic is that?

"Heil Hitler!"

"Oh no! I said two words, terrible!"

Correct, that wouldn't be terrible, provided it was said in jest. Pretty simple concept. When Bill Burr spent the first half of his set joking about Hitler not being so bad, did that make him a nazi?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The way he said it makes it clear that he says it often... People don't accidentally say that word unless it's part of their usual vocabulary. He just got caught out this time because he was stream instead of on Youtube where he can just edit it out.

I don't think he is a racist but it seems he is comfortable using those kinds of words casually.
If you actually find the holocaust funny, then maybe you are a nazi.
It's called dark humour, and just to be clear, you think Bill Burr is a nazi?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think anybody who watches his videos realises that he is definitely not racist, he mocks the whole situation regularly, and definitely baits journalists to a certain extent. He has a particular type of humour that some people might not approve of, and his status works against him sometimes. There are a whole host of comedians and other youtubers who could get away with this without anybody batting an eyelid, because it is understood to be in the context of humour. Pewdiepie's videos, on the other hand, seem to be taken out of context by journalists on a regular basis. It just more of the poor, lazy journalism we've grown accustomed to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending