Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I'm originally from Scotland and have had an undergrad degree funded by saas. I have been living in London for 3 years and am considering applying to graduate entry medicine. I see that graduate entry medicine students are eligible for a second loan to cover part of tuition fees (£5550 per year). I looked on your guidance document "do I qualify" and I think I would be classed as an "ordinary resident" as I have been living in England for 3 years. Can you please confirm if I would be eligible for the loan for part of tuition fees? Also would it be possible to apply for a maintenance loan?
    Many thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tori12)
    Hi there,
    I'm originally from Scotland and have had an undergrad degree funded by saas. I have been living in London for 3 years and am considering applying to graduate entry medicine. I see that graduate entry medicine students are eligible for a second loan to cover part of tuition fees (£5550 per year). I looked on your guidance document "do I qualify" and I think I would be classed as an "ordinary resident" as I have been living in England for 3 years. Can you please confirm if I would be eligible for the loan for part of tuition fees? Also would it be possible to apply for a maintenance loan?
    Many thanks
    Hi Tori12,

You can apply for the funding for this course by completing a paper PN1 application.

PN1 Application Form - http://bit.ly/2tAXVNU

Thanks Catherine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine SFE)
    Hi Tori12,

You can apply for the funding for this course by completing a paper PN1 application.

Thanks Catherine

Great, thank you. Just to confirm: will I count as English for funding for tuition fee loan since I have lived here for 3 years? And I can apply to student finance England rather than Scotland?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine SFE)
    Hi Tori12,

Thanks Catherine
    Great, thank you. Just to confirm: will I count as English for funding for tuition fee loan since I have lived here for 3 years? And I can apply to student finance England rather than Scotland?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Tori12

You will applying through Student Finance England once we receive your application it will be assessed for you.

Thanks Miriam

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.