The Student Room Group

Contraceptive methods for LDRs in uni?

My boyfriend is going to uni and I've been on the implant for the last 2 years with HORRIBLE side effects so I can't wait to get rid of it. However I'm not sure about what the best contraceptive methods are for when you are in a LDR.

I used to take the pill and tried different brands and tried both POP and combined. I wasn't drawn to any as each had different problems and didn't really help my period. Although they were a LOT better than the implant.

I'm going to go to the GUM clinic when I have the time (probably in next week or something) and will talk to them more. But I just want to consider some options first before going in.

Also, I'm not sure if this okay to do or not but if I take the pill a week before I see my boyfriend and then stop when he leaves/after finishing one pack, would that be ok? I know it doesnt work with surprise visits but it would be better than nothing I guess.

BTW we want to use both condoms and the pill just to be on the safe side (most of the time).
Reply 1
Original post by RosieMedic
My boyfriend is going to uni and I've been on the implant for the last 2 years with HORRIBLE side effects so I can't wait to get rid of it. However I'm not sure about what the best contraceptive methods are for when you are in a LDR.

I used to take the pill and tried different brands and tried both POP and combined. I wasn't drawn to any as each had different problems and didn't really help my period. Although they were a LOT better than the implant.

I'm going to go to the GUM clinic when I have the time (probably in next week or something) and will talk to them more. But I just want to consider some options first before going in.

Also, I'm not sure if this okay to do or not but if I take the pill a week before I see my boyfriend and then stop when he leaves/after finishing one pack, would that be ok? I know it doesnt work with surprise visits but it would be better than nothing I guess.

BTW we want to use both condoms and the pill just to be on the safe side (most of the time).

Light Dependant Resistor??
Reply 2
Original post by Jeeves21
Light Dependant Resistor??

Long distance relationship sorry ahaha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending