Should I go on a holiday with my male friend and not tell my boyfriend? Watch

This discussion is closed.
username2839358
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've been dating my boyfriend for over a year amd we've been happy. when I moved to a new city, I made new friends. 3 months later, we all had a wild night with way too much alcohol and I had sex with x (he also had a girlfriend in another city). Things spiralled like crazy. We acknowledged it was a mistake even though we both admitted we kinda had feelings for each other. His girlfriend broke up with him but my boyfriend forgave me.

5 months down the line, I planned to go on a holiday and x happened to want to go to the same country. I know my boyfriend would never let me go with him, but he is a great travel companion and I hate to travel alone. Should I go with him and not tell my boyfriend or just forfeit the trip?
CrazyKittenLady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ihubay)
I've been dating my boyfriend for over a year amd we've been happy. when I moved to a new city, I made new friends. 3 months later, we all had a wild night with way too much alcohol and I had sex with David (he also had a girlfriend in another city). Things spiralled like crazy. We acknowledged it was a mistake even though we both admitted we kinda had feelings for each other. His girlfriend broke up with him but my boyfriend forgave me.

5 months down the line, I planned to go on a holiday and David happened to want to go to the same country. I know my boyfriend would never let me go with him, but he is a great travel companion and I hate to travel alone. Should I go with him and not tell my boyfriend or just forfeit the trip?
ask your boyfriend if he wants to go with you instead?
Gatewaymerge
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You're fortunate enough he forgave you the first time and this is what you plan on doing? Just break up with him.
CrazyKittenLady
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
if your boyfriend doesn't want to go either tell him, break up with him or don't go. In a good relationship neither of you should feel like you have to lie to each other. How could you even keep it secret that you are going with him. Sounds to me like you need to make your mind up on what a nd who you want. Having a trip alone might help you do this xxx
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your boyfriend doesn't own you. He can't "not let you go". Leave him. You deserve better.
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Break up with him, he deserves better. Don't kid yourself, if you went on holiday with him alone you'd have sex with him and you know it.
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So you cheated on your boyfriend and you're going on holiday with the same guy that you cheated with, sounds like a recipe for disaster.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Badges: 16
Report 2 years ago
You either don't tell your BF and go with the guy you just admitted that you had/have feelings for (Not to mention you've already slept with him), and run the risk of your BF finding out and understandably loosing faith in you and starting to think you've cheated again.

Or you just tell your BF the truth and let him know that you were thinking of going on holiday with the guy and go from there.
Ben_G
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Seems like he deserves better than you. Break up with him then maybe his next gf won't cheat, keep in contact with the person she cheated with then go on holiday with him
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
Really? You're going on holiday with the boy you cheated on your boyfriend with and expect your boyfriend to be okay with it. AND you might not even tell him. WOW
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ihubay)
I've been dating my boyfriend for over a year amd we've been happy. when I moved to a new city, I made new friends. 3 months later, we all had a wild night with way too much alcohol and I had sex with David (he also had a girlfriend in another city). Things spiralled like crazy. We acknowledged it was a mistake even though we both admitted we kinda had feelings for each other. His girlfriend broke up with him but my boyfriend forgave me.

5 months down the line, I planned to go on a holiday and David happened to want to go to the same country. I know my boyfriend would never let me go with him, but he is a great travel companion and I hate to travel alone. Should I go with him and not tell my boyfriend or just forfeit the trip?
Think you are pretty much doomed with existing bf. Been happy is not the same as are. Fact you are considering it should tell you something if you think about it.
Franzen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You seem like quite a catch OP. Probably best to end the relationship and enjoy your travels.
Trinculo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You could have an entire philosophy course on the TSR concept of "deserve"
harrythomas14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by username2839358)

It seems quite inevitable that you and this David guy will have sex again if you go away given that it's already happened. Also, why are you keeping stuff from your boyfriend? That's not a sign of a healthy relationship.

If you're unhappy enough in your relationship to keep things from him, cheat on him and then go on holiday with the person of whom you cheated with then you may as well leave.

I'm personally surprised he stayed after you cheated in the first place.
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Go with the guy, give me your bf's email, I'll tell him what,his slutty gf is upto and tell him to dump you for having it off with a guy who did you. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
reCAPTCHED
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Feel sorry for your BF, tbh. To go and pull this **** after he forgave you? damn
YaliaV
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You're a real keeper. Dump your boyfriend for his sake. You shouldn't treat people like that; it'll come back to bite you.
jedygety
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You sound like a horrible person not gonna lie
paulbarlow
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
so you would be ok for him to take a hot girl away as well. after all you trust him. your both just going to the same place yeah right. i feel for your boyfriend
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
And if he finds out? Can't understand why you won't tell him, unless you've got something to hide.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (47)
25.97%
No (134)
74.03%

Watched Threads