The Student Room Group

I dont know what to do anymore

So for most of my life, I've been dreaming of becoming a doctor. Cos of that, I did everything I could possibly do to make myself a better candidate for medicine unis. I joined the student council, did tons of sports, played the piano, did community service, got really good grades, etc.

But during my igcse exams, I had really tough family problems that just made me so exhausted and bummed out. Im in year 12 now, doing A levels, and I ended up with pretty bad grades for igcse:
Bio - A*
Chem - A*
Physics - A*
Math - A*
Computer science - A
English - B
English literature - C
History - C
Foreign language malay - C

When I mean "bad", I meant they're bad grades for someone that wants to do medicine in uni. I have friends who got 9 or 10 A*s that wants to do medicine.

Do I have a chance of studying medicine in uni? I just really want other people's opinions on this. Thanks in advance u guys :smile:)
Those aren't bad GCSE grades,trust me! Unis won't just focus on GCSE grades when you apply for medicine; your A Level grades will mean more to them so focus on your A Levels now and do the absolute best in them that you can. Try to get lots of relevant work experience for medicine too: maybe you could spend time in a hospital or a doctors? This definitely isn't the end of the road for you and you can still apply for medicine, just don't lose faith:h:you can't change what's been done in the past so just focus on your A Levels now,a massive good luck for this year!
Reply 2
Original post by Chlozza27
Those aren't bad GCSE grades,trust me! Unis won't just focus on GCSE grades when you apply for medicine; your A Level grades will mean more to them so focus on your A Levels now and do the absolute best in them that you can. Try to get lots of relevant work experience for medicine too: maybe you could spend time in a hospital or a doctors? This definitely isn't the end of the road for you and you can still apply for medicine, just don't lose faith:h:you can't change what's been done in the past so just focus on your A Levels now,a massive good luck for this year!

Thanks :smile: Ur reply definitely helped me feel less anxious. I'm gonna try my best!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending