The Student Room Group
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

About my Visa

I just got a mail saying my visa application isn't straight forward and its difficult for them to come out with a decision that is still undergoing processing what should I do now and how dangerous is that for my me obtaining my visa?because I have to start school soon
Reply 1
Original post by Douglas Bryan
I just got a mail saying my visa application isn't straight forward and its difficult for them to come out with a decision that is still undergoing processing what should I do now and how dangerous is that for my me obtaining my visa?because I have to start school soon

First thing to do would be to contact your University and let them know that you've received the message. They'll be able to advise you what your options are. At the very least they'll want to know that you're having visa problems and hence might not be there at the very start of term.

On the plus side, it's not a rejection (at least, not yet). Do they give any indication how long a decision might take?
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Ok but please do I have a chance on getting the visa or its simply a refusal process
Reply 3
Ok but please do I have a chance on getting the visa or its simply a refusal process

If they've said "it's still undergoing processing" then that's exactly what they mean.

They haven't decided to refuse it. They haven't decided to grant it.

If/when they decide to grant it, they'll let you know.

If/when they decide to refuse it, they'll let you know.

You'll just need to wait for the decision. In the meantime, tell your university.
Ok
Reply 5

What happened with your visa? I'm in the same boat
I had Second interview on phone still waiting to collect my passport.Heard nothing yet
Which School are you to attend and where did you apply please?
Reply 8
Which School are you to attend and where did you apply please?

Birmingham, what about you?
Wolverhampton
So have you received any updates

Quick Reply