The world and his wife..... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Airport Fairy
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
.....and all their children, and their brothers and sisters, and their children, and their friends, and their children's friends, and their children's friends' parents, plus many random pets decided to come to the pub I work in tonight.

Result? I finished work 2 hours after I was meant to.

We actually ran out of glasses. In a big pub, where we have plenty. At one point, every single glass the pub owns was out in the garden.

Why am I online when I'd much rather die?

priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
they're gonna pay you for the extra hours right? don't worry though, sit back, relax, and go to sleep. and pray it will never hapen again
Jaq
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Airport Fairy)
.....and all their children, and their brothers and sisters, and their children, and their friends, and their children's friends, and their children's friends' parents, plus many random pets decided to come to the pub I work in tonight.

Result? I finished work 2 hours after I was meant to.

We actually ran out of glasses. In a big pub, where we have plenty. At one point, every single glass the pub owns was out in the garden.

Why am I online when I'd much rather die?

did the pets drink?
Airport Fairy
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
They'd better pay me for the extra hours! If they try not to I will raise merry hell.

Hmmmm, I don't know if the pets were drinking, because I was *supposed* to be only doing food, but it might explain why we were completely cleaned out of glasses.

You know what else I hate? Stupid customers who stand so that they are completely blocking your access to the bar, and yet, no matter how many times you go, "EXCUSE ME PLEASE!" and push through them with a heavily laden tray, they still just don't take the hint. Even when there are tables to sit down at and plenty of other places to stand, they still have to make me push through them all to get to the bar or the kitchen. One guy was almost standing behind the bar at one point - leaning on the bar where you actually go in and out, so that we had to ask him to move every time we wanted to go behind or come out from behind the bar.

Fricking idiots! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Bhaal85
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PhilipsCDRW)
Well, the girl I was working with today ended up doing a 14 hour shift, including the busiest period for the last two months. And the dishwasher was broken so all the plates, cups, waffle-irons and Cadillacs (ect.) had to be hand-washed.

8 am till 10 pm is not a good day, except from a financial perspective.
Not from a stress point of view. lol.

BTW Nietzsche is still very much alive, he just chooses not to accept death.
priya
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
this is why i didn't work in a pub/restaurant. instead i worked in a shop where middle aged women go insane for a £29.99 top, and where the managers think they're the greatest thing since the bright pink suits/orange tans they wear.
Airport Fairy
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
I'm pretty sure 8am to 10pm is fairly illegal, especially if she is under 18. Oh well..... :rolleyes:
Bhaal85
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by priya)
this is why i didn't work in a pub/restaurant. instead i worked in a shop where middle aged women go insane for a £29.99 top, and where the managers think they're the greatest thing since the bright pink suits/orange tans they wear.
*Shudders inside*
Airport Fairy
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
I had a friend once who swore blind she hadn't used fake tan. Then she stayed round my house and my white pillow was orange in the morning. Fairly damning proof, really.
Airport Fairy
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
What?

There are legal guidelines as to how long people are allowed to work for in one day, and how often they must have breaks etc. Due to the shift work involved in pubs and restaurants, these laws are largely ignored. But a 14 hour day is ridiculous, and I'm pretty sure the employer is breaking the law there.
Airport Fairy
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
And what does Dazya have to do with this?
Airport Fairy
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
Er, ok, I'll take your word for it, Mr Blank-CD-Man.
happydinosaur
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PhilipsCDRW)
Well, the girl I was working with today ended up doing a 14 hour shift, including the busiest period for the last two months. And the dishwasher was broken so all the plates, cups, waffle-irons and Cadillacs (ect.) had to be hand-washed.

8 am till 10 pm is not a good day, except from a financial perspective.
that is mainly the reason why i quit my job in a pub
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (879)
79.91%
Leave (221)
20.09%

Watched Threads