The Student Room Group

Man constantly playing a piano in Bristol in attempt to win a girl back

Seen some interesting ways to try and win someone back but this is really something http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-wont-stop-playing-piano-13602012
It's original I'll give him that, I wonder how long he'll actually play for?
When someone explicitly says "no, not interested", you have to learn to accept that. Maybe have a conversation or phone call.

But when you start saying you will publicly play the piano until you get her back or start setting up Facebook pages, that is when you start to get creepy and obsessive.
What that is is modern day manipulation and stalking.

It was also apparently a publicity stunt, but I can't believe we have publicity stunts that promote the idea that a woman is a prize to be won rather than an autonomous human being!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
"The pair recently split up after a four-month relationship, and the break-up has left him devastated"

My mystical psychic powers are tellng me that for some reason this relationship probably won't work out.
Original post by Quantex
When someone explicitly says "no, not interested", you have to learn to accept that. Maybe have a conversation or phone call.

But when you start saying you will publicly play the piano until you get her back or start setting up Facebook pages, that is when you start to get creepy and obsessive.

Agree. Very strange, not romantic at all - so entitled! She's said no, ya creep!
Original post by Mathemagicien
Weird and creepy, sadly behaviour encouraged by films and TV.

Stalking would be following her around, not sitting in a park playing a piano.

It isn't reducing her down to a prize to be won, the same way a girl wearing a pretty dress in an attempt to woo her crush is reducing him into a prize to be won for wearing a good dress.

It was a park near where she lived that he knew she would probably come to. It's a slightly less stalkery version of a boom box outside her window.

And this isn't him trying to woo her, she's already said no, she already broke up with him. The idea of this was that he seemed to think if he did something sufficiently "romantic" for a period of time that this would turn that no into a yes. If you've been told in no uncertain terms to get lost, then saying you'll do something until they take you back is manipulative and suggests you think you're owed a second chance if you play the piano or something...
Original post by Mathemagicien
I guess.

I'm not arguing that it isn't manipulative and creepy.

It's beyond creepy. It's literally ignoring her autonomy by refusing to take no for an answer. And even if it was a publicity stunt, it gives the message to some that that's an okay way to behave...
Reply 8
If she dumped him because he didn't have enough time for her, then this is actually a great thing to do. Otherwise, I'm not sure.
Well I thought it was romantic. But if after this she still says no then he has to move on.
Does she know about this? :biggrin:

It says he's 34... call me unromantic but I think that's the best part of a decade and a half too old for that sort of thing.
No job? Piano playing? No wonder she dumped him.

He managed two days apparently :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:nope:
What an absolute tool. Kudos to the guy who punched him.
Well, this is an unexpected turn of events for an already weird story.
Original post by bones-mccoy
What an absolute tool. Kudos to the guy who punched him.

Maybe it was his ex-girlfriend
He claims he was punched in the head at around 4am today - but added the reason he packed up was because he realised he had "spectacularly failed" in his original aim.

Doesn't say who punched him, but I'd say whoever lived in the closest house to where he was playing...

:rofl2:

ahem, sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending