Lailaaaaa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I am returning to university after a two year period of temporary withdrawal. When I log onto student finance it does not have the option of applying as a returning student - it shows up as if I am a new student. I can see my payments from previous academic years but not any link to re-apply. Please could you advise how to fix this as it would be much easier if I could use my previous information to apply - especially as it's quite late in the year. . I have been off for a while so am finding it difficult to remember how the whole finance side of things work.

Thank you.
Louise E SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lailaaaaa)
Hi, I am returning to university after a two year period of temporary withdrawal. When I log onto student finance it does not have the option of applying as a returning student - it shows up as if I am a new student. I can see my payments from previous academic years but not any link to re-apply. Please could you advise how to fix this as it would be much easier if I could use my previous information to apply - especially as it's quite late in the year. . I have been off for a while so am finding it difficult to remember how the whole finance side of things work.

Thank you.
Hi Laila,
A Student will be considered a 'New Student' if they have withdrawn from their most recent course of study or had a gap in study of 2 academic years or more.
In this case this may be why you do not have the option of applying as a returning student and should use the new application link or can download the PN1 form.

Thanks
Lailaaaaa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you for your reply. If I apply as a new student - as you already have my information - will the process be faster than normal? Also if I applied today when would it likely be that I receive my SF? Please let me know, thank you
Louise E SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lailaaaaa)
Thank you for your reply. If I apply as a new student - as you already have my information - will the process be faster than normal? Also if I applied today when would it likely be that I receive my SF? Please let me know, thank you
Hi Laila,
The current processing times for a Student Finance Application to be approved is between 4-6 weeks from receiving your application. We are currently at peak processing and may take longer.
I would suggest you contact your University and advise them of the situation, they will be aware that timescale are higher at this time of year.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.86%
No (500)
66.14%

Watched Threads