is CGP good for A level Watch

Cri7R
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I would like you it for my options Biology AQA, Chemistry AQA and Psychology AQA. I have also been given the exam board endorsed book aswell. Revision tips aswell.

Which one the CGP revsion guide or the text book. Also imma aiming for A/B
Thanks
CheeseIsVeg
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Cri7R)
I would like you it for my options Biology AQA, Chemistry AQA and Psychology AQA. I have also been given the exam board endorsed book aswell. Revision tips aswell.

Thanks
Definitely worth it for Chemistry, not sure about the others so :bump:
PeetaRJ
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssss
PeetaRJ
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do Biology AQA and Chemistry OCR. Get the textbooks. 100%. I'm in Year 13. I have the revision guides and I'm probably gonna use them in March for the lead up into exam as they have concise notes for remembering and lots more practice questions.
jonnypdot
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i buy the books for the jokes they have then tweet that joke expecting 5k retweets.
qam
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
its good enough to start you off and get you a C max , in my opinion i would say dont rely on it to get top grades
username3112590
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My science teachers said that it's quite basic for the sciences, But I would still revise from the cgp book textbook as I don't think there's anymore books for the new spec sciences, but that shouldn't be your only source of revision. Past papers, notes and flashcards from the textbook
C_Yap
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Cri7R)

Thanks
Good to consolidate basic knowledge bur will only get you a C grade maximum.

You need to make more detailed notes from websites like chemrevise, a-levelchemistry, chemguide etc. Also practice questions.

Print out a specification checklist found online and go through each point and make sure you can tackle questions related to those specfication points.

I didn't even touch he AQA chemistry CGP guide (didn't find it helpful) and managed to get an A at AS.
HopelessMedic
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Used CGP to make notes for all three sciences and got straight As, just make sure you do past papers as well.
nawolnation
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Cri7R)

Thanks
yep used it for bio and chem got As in both use it religiously
_gcx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Baaah)
Good to consolidate basic knowledge bur will only get you a C grade maximum.

You need to make more detailed notes from websites like chemrevise, a-levelchemistry, chemguide etc. Also practice questions.

Print out a specification checklist found online and go through each point and make sure you can tackle questions related to those specfication points.

I didn't even touch he AQA chemistry CGP guide (didn't find it helpful) and managed to get an A at AS.
(Original post by qam)
its good enough to start you off and get you a C max , in my opinion i would say dont rely on it to get top grades
Where does this "C maximum" come from?
qam
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by _gcx)
Where does this "C maximum" come from?
its not detailed enough nor does it give you the points to get marks in the real exam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (109)
17.3%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.79%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.46%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (92)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (188)
29.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed