Gcse english an inspector calls HELP Watch

yogya
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i have an assessment next week where i am going to be given a question about Eric in an inspector calls. and i have to write an essay. could some one suggest any practise questions and also tell me how to answer these type of question like how many paragraphs and what do i need to write in them all i know is that there needs to be some PEE or PEEAL (or what ever the abbreviations are) paragraphs but a bit confused on the overall structure of the essay. may be some one who did an inspector calls for the new gcses or any one who could help but i wanna do really good in these exams so please help!!
username2840522
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am doing an Inspector Calls at GCSE right now Our teacher gave us a writing frame with the following: intro, 3 PEAL paragraphs and a conclusion. Write an intro which breifly explains what the play is about and present your main points on Eric in a sentence or two. Then give your first point, and make it quite open, not something like 'Eric is shown as childish', but instead, 'Priestley presents Eric to be an immature and etc etc character
username3529814
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I studied An Inspector Calls and to make it easier, I watched character analysis videos on YouTube and versions of the play which give a general idea about the character of Eric.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
sanibonani
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
write about Eric's development in character from the start of the play through to the end for the overall essay structure. depends on the question tbh but its likely to be about that
NeedHelpHelpNeed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The vaguest question you could get is: How does Priestley present Eric? Maybe they'll specify it down, e.g. in Act 1, 2 or 3.

The most specific questions you could get would be along the lines of: Explore a moment in which Eric 'does something' (e.g. argues with a family member, gains a new understanding, etc)

Anyway, if it's on Eric, you can basically guarantee you will need plenty of quotes from him - and since he is basically not even there in the whole of Act 2, you know you will probably end up talking about either: 1) When Eric opposes his father over Mr Birling's decision to fire Eva (there are loads of nice quotes for this in Act 1). Or 2) When Eric has a heated argument with both Mr and Mrs Birling in the middle of act 3, before they realised the Inspector could be a hoax. Or finally 3) When Eric continues to defend Eva (with Sheila) but Mr and Mrs Birling pretend everything is back to normal when it is revealed the Inspector is fake (near end of Act 3)
Popsiclez
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Spoiler Alert the Inspector is a ghost. There I just saved you from hundreds of pages of crap lmao.
LNíCathain
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mr Brugge on YouTube is the best 👌
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (91)
16.52%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (56)
10.16%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (98)
17.79%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
15.25%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
9.8%
How can I be the best version of myself? (168)
30.49%

Watched Threads