The Student Room Group

Is Chemistry or Maths harder?

Generally speaking.
Probably chemistry although it depends on the person and other subjects.
You can't really get a "general answer". Some will find chemistry easier, others will find maths easier, perhaps finding one subject significantly harder than the other. It comes down to the individual .
Reply 3
I found maths harder than chemistry, but I found physics harder than both of them.
this varies based on the qualifications.

even 'generally speaking', which is silly to ask, because you can't sum up an entire discipline, an entire subject, into general terms, 'general' maths could mean anything from basic multiplication to Advanced Kinematics and Differentiation.

Even if that was established, it's still highly subjective, and entirely based on the individual's preference and learning style.

If this is based on a case by case basis, I take both subjects and find Chemistry slightly easier, however there may be some who find Maths easier.

And if what you mean is A Levels or higher education, most people will find Chemistry easier if they excel at Maths, etc, as Maths feeds in well to the sciences, so it's also dependant on subject combinations.

I.e, someone taking Physics without Maths may (and this is may, they could be very good) usually not fair as well as someone who has say, Maths, FM and Physics due to the applications.
(edited 6 years ago)
This is a really subjective question and depends on the person and their preference.

Quick Reply

Latest