Is possible to learn a perfect native accent for foreign people? Watch

Raffdico
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
The title says all. I've a good accent, but it's not perfect. In your opinion, can a person learn a perfect London accent at the point of being confused for an English person? I ask this because the next year i'll move to London for studying
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
In theory, yes. There are lots of linguistically gifted people who are able to flawlessly mimic the accent of a language that they are not native speakers of.
frostfly
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Raffdico)
The title says all. I've a good accent, but it's not perfect. In your opinion, can a person learn a perfect London accent at the point of being confused for an English person? I ask this because the next year i'll move to London for studying
Yes, of course. Plantagenet Crown is living proof.
jkls92
Report 2 years ago
It's totally possible but easier as a child.
markova21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I guess. I was born, I suppose, with the gift of being able to speak French with a perfect French accent, without having ever spoken the language before. My French teacher in the first year at secondary school was astounded, and was convinced I must have lived in France or been born there. Strangely, or not, at age 19 when I went to dance at the Moulin Rouge in Paris, my accent was so authentic that local Parisians thought I was one of them, and the only time I got caught out when when I was stuck for the correct word or phrase . They would almost always, on every occasion, look at me and say "Vous n'etes pas Francaise?" Weird, I know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (363)
59.31%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.39%
No- I want it (172)
28.1%
No- I don't want it (44)
7.19%

Watched Threads

Latest