The Student Room Group

Forgot your homework?

Hello GCSE people, this(troll/shitpost/jokey) thread is to equip you with an arsenal of tricks to help you incase you have forgotten your homework. These all worked for me(minus n2). If people have more tricks and tips, then please share.

1) Tell them upfront. If you are on friendly terms with your teacher and they are a bit more laid back and since its only GCSE, you might get let off the hook quite easily just like that or be asked to hand it in then next day.
- Pretend to go through your bag looking for it and with a worried expression or your face or just see him before the lesson and explain it calmly and sound very apologetic.

2) Dysfunctional family/death related excuse. I have not used these personally as I don't care too much about forgotten homework to lie about serious issues but if you have no issues with it then you can just use this. It tends to go something along the lines of "My parents were fighting last night and I couldn't concentrate", "I had to stay at my mums on the weekend so I couldn't do it" or "My grandma/dog/some other weird ass pet died and I just could not focus" These kind of excuses will make them feel quite sorry for you (for like the rest of the year) and they will never bring it up with parents etc. But if you make up these kind of lies just to get out of doing some maths sum then :/

3) Forgotten book. Some schools had a lower punishment for forgetting books than forgetting homework. So if your school has something like this, then just pretend you forgot your book and your homework was in it. Unless your teacher is a complete ***** then you will probably just get punished for the book. In our school, forgetting homework leads to a 30 minute after school detention but forgetting a book will give you a red slip (3 red slips means you just help clean up the lunch hall for the second half of lunch so less time than detention and easier to slip past without parents noticing) so all I did was say I forgot my book and just take the red slip (sometimes when the teacher is forgetful or really old or both, you can just keep the red slip and throw it away later. They will probably forget the next day.

4) Technology. Honestly, if you have not done your homework you only have yourself to blame. But why blame yourself when you can blame the technology. The old classic was "My computer was broken" or "My printer ran out of ink/power/paper" accompanied with a note from a parent.

However there is a new way which you can use every once in a while with a teacher. Lots of teachers accept an email with an attachment (if they ask you why you emailed it say that you couldnt print it out so you emailed it instead).

Pretend you have a 5000 word essay. Open up a word document and copy paste random stuff until you hit 5000 words (so the file size looks realistic just in case. A 1kb file is really suspicious if it was meant to be a 5k essay)

Go to https://corrupt-a-file.net/ and use it to get a corrupt version and just send them that. If you find yourself using this a lot, just have a lot of corrupted files prepared beforehand of varying sizes and just copy and rename when you need them. This method works when used sparingly. It will raise a few alarm bells if you every homework you have sent for the past 2 years have been some corrupt email file.

Most of these wont let you off the hook completely, but they will buy you extra time. Even if yhey don't, it is wise to do your homework anyway as you education is important (unless its some weird **** homework that you are positive will just waste your time)

If anyone has any other good ones, then please post below.

- R [ I will remain anonymous for now :wink: ]
Reply 1
Reply 2
You're not Anonymous
Reply 3
Original post by SGHD26716
You're not Anonymous

Just realized after I posted. How do I change it eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Reply 4
Original post by Rarest
Just realized after I posted. How do I change it eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You can only be Anonymous in relationships or mental issue - those sorts of threads.

Sorry mate 😂
Reply 5
this thread hasn't gone great so far :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest