The Student Room Group

Aggression- Social Learning Theory experiment that isn't the Bobo doll?

I'm looking into social learning theory as an explanation for aggression but the only experiment I can find is Bandura's Bobo Doll one. Are there an others out there that would be relevant? Thanks
Reply 1
I believe that's because it's Bandura's theory but there are theories that have expanded further. Could be wrong tho its been a while
http://www.appsychology.com/IB%20Psych/IBcontent/Studies/Charlton.htm

Charlton - Introduction of TV to an island - are children more aggressive.
Original post by ~Tara~
I believe that's because it's Bandura's theory but there are theories that have expanded further. Could be wrong tho its been a while

Yeah it is originally Bandura's theory, I just can't find any further studies in aggression, when I search it all I get is Bandura :')
Reply 4
Original post by astrid_boothy
I'm looking into social learning theory as an explanation for aggression but the only experiment I can find is Bandura's Bobo Doll one. Are there an others out there that would be relevant? Thanks

Hey you could try look into classical conditioning which involves Pavlovs Dog Experiment or the case study of Little Albert where fear was conditioned into him but apply this to aggression.

Or you could talk about Operant Conditioning about Skinner and him using Skinner boxes to use a series of rewards and punishments to control the rat's behaviours, and explain aggression comes from being rewarded e.g. if a boy beat up another boy it would make him appear strong to his peers which is rewarding for him. Thats what i used to explain aggression with social learning those two studies in particular hope its of some use :smile:
Original post by Mathsenthused
http://www.appsychology.com/IB%20Psych/IBcontent/Studies/Charlton.htm

Charlton - Introduction of TV to an island - are children more aggressive.

Ah that's fantastic! Thank you very much :smile:
Original post by lpjl2
Hey you could try look into classical conditioning which involves Pavlovs Dog Experiment or the case study of Little Albert where fear was conditioned into him but apply this to aggression.

Or you could talk about Operant Conditioning about Skinner and him using Skinner boxes to use a series of rewards and punishments to control the rat's behaviours, and explain aggression comes from being rewarded e.g. if a boy beat up another boy it would make him appear strong to his peers which is rewarding for him. Thats what i used to explain aggression with social learning those two studies in particular hope its of some use :smile:

Oh good idea, I didn't think about using Pavlov or Skinner for this but it's a good link actually, thanks!
Google scholar is your friend :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending