Aggression- Social Learning Theory experiment that isn't the Bobo doll? Watch

astrid_boothy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm looking into social learning theory as an explanation for aggression but the only experiment I can find is Bandura's Bobo Doll one. Are there an others out there that would be relevant? Thanks
~Tara~
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I believe that's because it's Bandura's theory but there are theories that have expanded further. Could be wrong tho its been a while
Mathsenthused
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
http://www.appsychology.com/IB%20Psy...s/Charlton.htm

Charlton - Introduction of TV to an island - are children more aggressive.
astrid_boothy
Rep:
?
(Original post by ~Tara~)
I believe that's because it's Bandura's theory but there are theories that have expanded further. Could be wrong tho its been a while
Yeah it is originally Bandura's theory, I just can't find any further studies in aggression, when I search it all I get is Bandura :')
lpjl2
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by astrid_boothy)
I'm looking into social learning theory as an explanation for aggression but the only experiment I can find is Bandura's Bobo Doll one. Are there an others out there that would be relevant? Thanks
Hey you could try look into classical conditioning which involves Pavlovs Dog Experiment or the case study of Little Albert where fear was conditioned into him but apply this to aggression.

Or you could talk about Operant Conditioning about Skinner and him using Skinner boxes to use a series of rewards and punishments to control the rat's behaviours, and explain aggression comes from being rewarded e.g. if a boy beat up another boy it would make him appear strong to his peers which is rewarding for him. Thats what i used to explain aggression with social learning those two studies in particular hope its of some use
astrid_boothy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mathsenthused)
http://www.appsychology.com/IB%20Psy...s/Charlton.htm

Charlton - Introduction of TV to an island - are children more aggressive.
Ah that's fantastic! Thank you very much
astrid_boothy
Rep:
?
(Original post by lpjl2)
Hey you could try look into classical conditioning which involves Pavlovs Dog Experiment or the case study of Little Albert where fear was conditioned into him but apply this to aggression.

Or you could talk about Operant Conditioning about Skinner and him using Skinner boxes to use a series of rewards and punishments to control the rat's behaviours, and explain aggression comes from being rewarded e.g. if a boy beat up another boy it would make him appear strong to his peers which is rewarding for him. Thats what i used to explain aggression with social learning those two studies in particular hope its of some use
Oh good idea, I didn't think about using Pavlov or Skinner for this but it's a good link actually, thanks!
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Google scholar is your friend
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (12)
7.06%
They've been reasonable (69)
40.59%
Not feeling great... (44)
25.88%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)
26.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise