The Student Room Group

Will my uni choices give me a good chance?

UKCAT: 660 AVG Band 1 SJT
GCSE: 4A* 3A 3B 1Merit
AS: AAB
A2 (predicted grades): A*A*A
Choices: Liverpool, St. George's, Barts and Keele
Reply 1
Original post by aqamaths
Definitely, you should be offered a place from every choice

lol?
Reply 2
Original post by ArcaneMists
I believe that you need to meet the minimum requirements for AS, which is AAA, or else you will be rejected in the first stages before even getting an interview.

I've never heard of unis having AS requirements, could you name any unis that do this?

Original post by HateOCR
UKCAT: 660 AVG Band 1 SJT
GCSE: 4A* 3A 3B 1Merit
AS: AAB
A2 (predicted grades): A*A*A
Choices: Liverpool, St. George's, Barts and Keele

Predicted grades of A*A*A will exceed basically any course requirements out there, so an offer from all of your choices is realistic. Given medicine is very competitive, however, the B at AS may deter some unis, as could other parts of your application such as the PS if they are weaker than those of other candidates.
Reply 3
Original post by Ed5
I've never heard of unis having AS requirements, could you name any unis that do this?

Predicted grades of A*A*A will exceed basically any course requirements out there, so an offer from all of your choices is realistic. Given medicine is very competitive, however, the B at AS may deter some unis, as could other parts of your application such as the PS if they are weaker than those of other candidates.

Im sure Manchester want an AS
Reply 4
Original post by Ed5

i believe only oxbridge look at your linear as results
Reply 5
Original post by HateOCR
Im sure Manchester want an AS

I wasn't able to find any AS Level requirements: only that you should either have 4 total or, if you have less, written confirmation from your school that this is normal.

Original post by HateOCR
i believe only oxbridge look at your linear as results

I'm not sure what you mean by "linear AS results", but while unis do not specify actual AS requirements, they will still look at your grades (alongside prior qualifications such as GCSEs) to compare you with other applicants.
Reply 6
Original post by Ed5
I wasn't able to find any AS Level requirements: only that you should either have 4 total or, if you have less, written confirmation from your school that this is normal.

I'm not sure what you mean by "linear AS results", but while unis do not specify actual AS requirements, they will still look at your grades (alongside prior qualifications such as GCSEs) to compare you with other applicants.

My school offers 4 AS levels, i decided not to pick so i have no reason to give to Manchester which is why i cant apply there. Also my UCAS tariff is only 160, ive seen people apply with 300 tariff because of music qualifications and EPQs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending