Study medicine Bulgaria 2018 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Sheikhomar
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there,
I am currently in my final year of biomed degree and have applied for medicine my second time in the U.K. If I don't get in I want to apply to medical unis in Bulgaria as a back up. I really like MU Pleven but sadly can't start on Feb 2018 as I will still be studying my final year of biomed and don't want to drop out of my final year. Because of the Feb start date I can't go to Pleven so wanted to know out of Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna and Trakia what are the better unis to apply as these are my only options as they start September/October 2018.
Thanks
Omar
DoctorAngel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hmmm I cant help you on that unfortunately however I am an A-level student and hoping to do medicine. I havent applied in the UK because my a level predictions were AAC in biology chemistry and maths respectively. I thought it would be better to apply for Bulgaria than do a gap year or even after a degree like yourself because it is LONGGGG and medicine is pretty long by itself. Do you know how valid our MBBS degrees will be or any disadvantages of studying there?
I'm looking at Bulgaria through an online agency VistaMed.
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DoctorAngel)
Hmmm I cant help you on that unfortunately however I am an A-level student and hoping to do medicine. I havent applied in the UK because my a level predictions were AAC in biology chemistry and maths respectively. I thought it would be better to apply for Bulgaria than do a gap year or even after a degree like yourself because it is LONGGGG and medicine is pretty long by itself. Do you know how valid our MBBS degrees will be or any disadvantages of studying there?
A gap year is only one year.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
DoctorAngel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Volibear)
A gap year is only one year.

Yeah i know that but there’s no guarantee I will get into medical school in that gap year if u get what I mean..
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah i know that but there’s no guarantee I will get into medical school in that gap year if u get what I mean..
Well then you could take another gap year. Your predictions are AAC but what's to say you can't get AAA minimum?

WhoDaresWins
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would take a gap year if I were you.
DoctorAngel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How’s bulgaria like? Of course if i get AAA the i will take a gap year. But if I don’t I guess I would have to go bulgaria?
Sheikhomar
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have applied for poznan in Poland as they offer 4 year graduate course which I have got an interview for. It’s shorter than the 6 year medicine course in Bulgaria because in Bulgaria even as a biomed grad I still need to do the six years which is too long. In flip side Poland is almost twice more expensive in tuition fees
IshaAbdul98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

I am currently a student that studies Dentistry in Bulgaria. I would recommend the Plovdiv Medical University. The dentistry faculty is great and newly built, I mean there are some disadvantages of the university but overall it is better than I expected it to be. I wouldn't recommend Sofia university as there are claims that cheating in present during exams. Hope this helped!
WhoDaresWins
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How’s bulgaria like? Of course if i get AAA the i will take a gap year. But if I don’t I guess I would have to go bulgaria?
It's alright.
sektorg88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey guys, I am studying in Sofia Medical University my second year now and its actually more than I expected, especially the hands on stuff that we get to do, and how cheap living costs are. Also there is a student organisation now that helps you with documents applications and questions that some students set up recently. It seems really helpful and I could try get details if anyone is interested. Other than that weather is great (can get bit cold in the winter but then you would go skiing) and from march/april on I love it hahah. The teaching is pretty good, especially the main subjects like anatomy, biology, ect. The people are all friendly and theres loads of activities to do outside class time
lfc4581
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by WhoDaresWins)
I would take a gap year if I were you, I didn't get the predicted grades either but achieved AAA in the end. Unfortunately I never got any offers so I decided to go to Bulgaria.
Did you take a gap year then go bulgaria?
WhoDaresWins
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lfc4581)
Did you take a gap year then go bulgaria?
Yes, loads of people here have applied after gap years.
doc4789
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey

after doing a lot of research and having quite a few friends in bulgaria, i would say plovdiv and pleven seem the best. Im applying for plovdiv this year. Just do your research when it comes to deciding which agency to apply through
Aliyah000
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by doc4789)
Hey

after doing a lot of research and having quite a few friends in bulgaria, i would say plovdiv and pleven seem the best. Im applying for plovdiv this year. Just do your research when it comes to deciding which agency to apply through
Which agencies would you recommend?so far I have come across interhecs(which is quite pricey) and also medconnect which is cheaper but they have one review on their fb page and I don't know if they're trustworthy lol
Rejen123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hey iv applied to .. sofia. anyone applying to sofia this year
CharliesUK
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aliyah000)
Which agencies would you recommend?so far I have come across interhecs(which is quite pricey) and also medconnect which is cheaper but they have one review on their fb page and I don't know if they're trustworthy lol
I've applied with medconnecteurope and they seem to be pretty decent. They are a bit cheaper then other agencies but I wish I had applied by myself as my friend is currently doing as you can save money. If you don't enjoy the hassle then you can apply with any 'good' agency but please stay away from SME.
Aliyah000
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CharliesUK)
oh right,I think I'll be applying through medconnect too,thanks!
CharliesUK
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aliyah000)
oh right,I think I'll be applying through medconnect too,thanks!
No problem, I've also heard of inter-hecs which seem to be pretty decent but it all comes down to you.
best of luck!
tameem109
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey guys, ive applied to plovdiv MU, when would you recommend looking at apartments? I heard september is too late and all the good ones go. Any help?

Thanks
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (40)
13.65%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (45)
15.36%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
18.43%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (118)
40.27%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (16)
5.46%
No particular grades needed (20)
6.83%