Want more information about this university?
adaline_lily
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm so worried about making friends at university. I'm quite an introverted first year undergrad student.
I'm getting a studio so I can't make friends with flatmates and I hate drinking/clubbing so how will I go about making friends?
ralfuhaid
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My only advice is just try to relax and scan for people that are similar

Every uni is special and I'm sure you will be fine as there are other introverts in your uni. Good luck!!!
Magic Money Tree
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You really have to go to your Freshers' Fair and see what societies you could handle being a part of.

At the very least you should check out the A-Z of societies on your Union's website.

There'll be societies for more introverted people, you just have to find out which ones they are at. You can even just go up to people at the stands at your Freshers' Fair and just ask them where all the introverted people go.

There was this reading society that I went to at my university one time that met at the Union during the day and I don't even remember having a drink, so they definitely exist.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (135)
14.63%
I'm not sure (40)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (280)
30.34%
I have already dropped out (24)
2.6%
I'm not a current university student (444)
48.1%

Watched Threads