The Student Room Group

HELP University-ASAP

Hi, I'm applying to 2018 entry and I've been slowly narrowing down my uni choices for medicine. I am going to be applying to the five year program.

I've been choosing intergrate programs only and mostly cities in the northern part of britain (I'm canadian btw :smile:

One thing that I've been thinking is the weather. I hate snow and cold winters. So can someone please help me choose and specifiy cities that are decently warm compared to other cities in the uk?

Thanks to everyone helping out!!
Original post by ralfuhaid
Hi, I'm applying to 2018 entry and I've been slowly narrowing down my uni choices for medicine. I am going to be applying to the five year program.

I've been choosing intergrate programs only and mostly cities in the northern part of britain (I'm canadian btw :smile:

One thing that I've been thinking is the weather. I hate snow and cold winters. So can someone please help me choose and specifiy cities that are decently warm compared to other cities in the uk?

Snow is hardly an issue, if we see any snow in Britain it's not for more than a couple weeks. It's the rain you need to watch out for, it rains most of the time.

If you don't like the cold/rain, why Britain? We deal with that a lot. I'm afraid there aren't any cities you can go to that have any less rain than others. It varies completely!
Reply 2
Original post by ralfuhaid

There are more pressing things to worry about than the weather, no? 😂

Still, if you don't like the cold then apply to more southern unis, not that there'd be a huge difference. As above we don't get much snow, but plenty of rain.

On an unrelated note, is this 5 year program a master's in Scotland, or in England with a foundation year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending