realchinmaygopal
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have got a Abbb as my predicted grades for A levels.i was told that my chances or getting into Monash or unww are pretty low so I was thinking of doing the 4 month transitional program at unsw...is it worth it? And also since I want to waste less time I was planning to finish my a levels in February. Will they take me if i am 2 weeks late to the program..?please I need help
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well, to being with how do you plan to fund your study there...?If you're not an Australian national, it's extremely expensive to study there as an international student. It's possible your question is moot if you don't have some heavy funding behind you (while it may have changed, when I looked at this possibility ~7 years ago, there was very little funding from scholarships and the like as well).

It's highly unlikely you will be allowed to begin two weeks after any program starts. Normally you must have achieved all stipulated conditions of an offer (in the UK and beyond) before matriculation/enrolment. You would be best served by taking your A-levels over the full course, and exceeding your predicted grades. You can then apply to Australian universities and British universities for the following year after your exams.
wolfmoon88
Badges: 21
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by realchinmaygopal)
I have got a Abbb as my predicted grades for A levels.i was told that my chances or getting into Monash or unww are pretty low so I was thinking of doing the 4 month transitional program at unsw...is it worth it? And also since I want to waste less time I was planning to finish my a levels in February. Will they take me if i am 2 weeks late to the program..?please I need help
Unless you are doing Medicine or perhaps Commerce... I think ABBB should be find as predicteds to get into other programmes for an international student.
realchinmaygopal
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
Unless you are doing Medicine or perhaps Commerce... I think ABBB should be find as predicteds to get into other programmes for an international student.
Do u think so?..I want to do engineering specifically at Melbourne unsw or Monash?.,.I have a choice weather to write my a level exams either in February or june
edd522
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do u think so?..I want to do engineering specifically at Melbourne unsw or Monash?.,.I have a choice weather to write my a level exams either in February or june
You will need A$39,976 per year for Melbourne. Good luck.
wolfmoon88
Badges: 21
Report 3 years ago
For Melbourne, you need to apply to Bachelor of Science and choose a major relevant to engineering then get a master degree in engineering I think. If you are an international student ABBB should be fine for Bachelor of Science I think.

For UNSW Engineering, minimum is ABB (Only check top 3 A2s) for most courses (dual or not), only one seems to be higher than ABB. So it's worth a try.

I think you are fine for Monash but I'm less familiar with Monash :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (426)
56.57%
I don't have everything I need (327)
43.43%

Watched Threads