The Student Room Group

International - UK Phone Plan

Hello there! As an international student that is going to start my studies in UK next month, I would like to know, in your experience, what SIM card brand is best (good coverage for a reasonable price)?

As I'll be using wifi / WhatsApp and other online services for the majority of the time (to contact overseas / use apps / , I'm mostly interested in a service that will give me the bare bones essentials-- enough texts / call / data for brief phone calls / texts when I'm meeting people / Google Maps when I'm lost / a few internet searches on the go.
Original post by kadinrae
Hello there! As an international student that is going to start my studies in UK next month, I would like to know, in your experience, what SIM card brand is best (good coverage for a reasonable price)?

As I'll be using wifi / WhatsApp and other online services for the majority of the time (to contact overseas / use apps / , I'm mostly interested in a service that will give me the bare bones essentials-- enough texts / call / data for brief phone calls / texts when I'm meeting people / Google Maps when I'm lost / a few internet searches on the go.

Do you have a budget in mind? I am currently with EE ( www.ee.co.uk ) and haven't had any problems with them so far. You can input your area to see if there's decent coverage.

Quick Reply