How difficult is St. Andrews uni to get in?

Watch
Mya_scotland
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Anyone who goes there or is applying, what exactly are they looking for especially in Scottish student since I know they like foreign students there. I am aiming for 5 As at higher maths, English, art, music and Graph comm this year and then next year I'm going to do higher business and adv higher music along with either 1/2 adv highers or 1 adv higher and 1 higher. I want to apply for the management Ma and I need AAAB at higher. So how strict are they and are there any tricks to get in? What have people been accepted with and what have others not been accepted with?

Any help would be great, thanks
Holly2312
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mya_scotland)
Anyone who goes there or is applying, what exactly are they looking for especially in Scottish student since I know they like foreign students there. I am aiming for 5 As at higher maths, English, art, music and Graph comm this year and then next year I'm going to do higher business and adv higher music along with either 1/2 adv highers or 1 adv higher and 1 higher. I want to apply for the management Ma and I need AAAB at higher. So how strict are they and are there any tricks to get in? What have people been accepted with and what have others not been accepted with?

Do you do music seriously?
Mya_scotland
Rep:
?
(Original post by Holly2312)
Do you do music seriously?
Yes, I play a couple instruments, sing and write songs, I'm planning on going into band managing or become a music agent
hannah00
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
As long as you stick to office hours should he okay

Can get harder after 6pm
leoq8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

I am also applying for the Management (MA) course
Mya_scotland
Rep:
?
(Original post by leoq8)
I am also applying for the Management (MA) course
What are your higher results??
leoq8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What are your higher results??
AAAB but the B is being remarked so I feel a lot more skeptical than you haha, I have a lot of work experience and extra-curricular stuff so I hope it makes up for my grades
Basiil17
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Honestly, you're going to struggle if you're a Scot, as they will give you the higher end of the offer range, but AH's sound like a good shout
Capricancer
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Last year, 10.9% of Scottish/EU applicants received an offer for Management at St Andrews

In contrast, something like 70% of Earth Science applicants got an offer so it really depends on the course
Mya_scotland
Rep:
?
(Original post by Capricancer)
Last year, 10.9% of Scottish/EU applicants received an offer for Management at St Andrews

In contrast, something like 70% of Earth Science applicants got an offer so it really depends on the course
Damn lol, I've got a lot of work ahead of me then
Mya_scotland
Rep:
?
(Original post by leoq8)
AAAB but the B is being remarked so I feel a lot more skeptical than you haha, I have a lot of work experience and extra-curricular stuff so I hope it makes up for my grades
What kind of work experience and extra curricular activities have you got??
leoq8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What kind of work experience and extra curricular activities have you got??
I have work experience in multiple Tax/Banking firms such as CMS, EY, RBS, I volunteer in Spain teaching English, I am a member of Amnesty International, I have 200+ hours of volunteering, I am a Young Person Ambassador and more lol
leoq8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Capricancer)

Lmao, this broke my heart, cya later St. Andrews
Capricancer
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Damn lol, I've got a lot of work ahead of me then
(Original post by leoq8)
Lmao, this broke my heart, cya later St. Andrews
still apply!! your chances are higher than you think, i guarantee you.
Elfster85
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
3 years late but anyway. It's easier to get in as an international student than Scot student (and maybe UK idk). I applied as international and got in for Economics and Management but then I got my fee status changed to scot (through EU settlement scheme) so they made my offer void and then rejected it after "reconsideration".
Last edited by Elfster85; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (45)
28.66%
No (112)
71.34%

Watched Threads