The Student Room Group

Should I continue on talking to him or not? LDR.

So basically, I have a friend took a picture of me and put it on her social media on guy commented asking about who I was and seem genuinely interested in getting to know however he is from America and i'm in the UK idk.
So anyway she gave him on of my social media and we added each other and have now been talking for 3 months everyday however recently things have changed and he has not been putting in any effort.

He would always comment on my pictures and say how beautiful i was and always say he loves me and wants me and because of the distance he would always say, 'i wish i was near you or with you...' or ' i wanna do so much wit you i if only you were here in person...' but i don't really know what to believe we would talk via video or call but recently he has been at school so he has stopped talking (because of time difference) to me in the same way and has changed.

I think i might have caught feelings and had asked him whether he has met someone else or is bored of me and is speaking to lots of girls however he always replies with 'no why do you always think i'm talking to other girls... no i'm single... if i say i don't flirt i don't...' etc. and sometimes he is blunt but idk.

Sometimes we talk and i don't know I use to be open and send him paras on how i'm feeling and he would reply saying 'I should put more effort in to talking to you or I am so grateful to have someone like you to text...' but now he just sends laughing emojis or ignores it and changes the subject or randomly would say something like ' i want you...' and i don't know how to feel because i think he doesn't care but then would say something nice like that however my friend who is the one who 'introduced' me to him says he is probably talking to lots of girls at once and doesn't really love me and has tried it on with her and she showed me a conversation in which he said the exact same things to me when we first started talking so i am having doubts saying how he loved her however she paid no attention to him.

He also comments on other girls picture with heart emojis and stuff but idk how to approach that because in his mind he is still single but i do want it to be more but i don't whether he just wants sex which is what majority of our conversations have been about if not blunt and the distance too.... he wanted to send nudes and stuff one time....

However, I can't get myself to remove him because a part of me still wants to believe him about not talking to any one else but then i think why because we are not even in a relationship and it won't last? but idk because i think i like him but i don't know what to do should i just ignore him? because we still do text but i don't know what to do to liven the conversation?

Equally, do you think he is just leading me on or only talking to me when he wants to he complains to me about being lonely so i'm i just a gap to fill.... ?

Sorry for any typos or misspellings :///
Reply 1
*one *her
Original post by Anonymous
So basically, I have a friend took a picture of me and put it on her social media on guy commented asking about who I was and seem genuinely interested in getting to know however he is from America and i'm in the UK idk.
So anyway she gave him on of my social media and we added each other and have now been talking for 3 months everyday however recently things have changed and he has not been putting in any effort.

He would always comment on my pictures and say how beautiful i was and always say he loves me and wants me and because of the distance he would always say, 'i wish i was near you or with you...' or ' i wanna do so much wit you i if only you were here in person...' but i don't really know what to believe we would talk via video or call but recently he has been at school so he has stopped talking (because of time difference) to me in the same way and has changed.

I think i might have caught feelings and had asked him whether he has met someone else or is bored of me and is speaking to lots of girls however he always replies with 'no why do you always think i'm talking to other girls... no i'm single... if i say i don't flirt i don't...' etc. and sometimes he is blunt but idk.

Sometimes we talk and i don't know I use to be open and send him paras on how i'm feeling and he would reply saying 'I should put more effort in to talking to you or I am so grateful to have someone like you to text...' but now he just sends laughing emojis or ignores it and changes the subject or randomly would say something like ' i want you...' and i don't know how to feel because i think he doesn't care but then would say something nice like that however my friend who is the one who 'introduced' me to him says he is probably talking to lots of girls at once and doesn't really love me and has tried it on with her and she showed me a conversation in which he said the exact same things to me when we first started talking so i am having doubts saying how he loved her however she paid no attention to him.

He also comments on other girls picture with heart emojis and stuff but idk how to approach that because in his mind he is still single but i do want it to be more but i don't whether he just wants sex which is what majority of our conversations have been about if not blunt and the distance too.... he wanted to send nudes and stuff one time....

However, I can't get myself to remove him because a part of me still wants to believe him about not talking to any one else but then i think why because we are not even in a relationship and it won't last? but idk because i think i like him but i don't know what to do should i just ignore him? because we still do text but i don't know what to do to liven the conversation?

Equally, do you think he is just leading me on or only talking to me when he wants to he complains to me about being lonely so i'm i just a gap to fill.... ?

Sorry for any typos or misspellings :///

He does come across as wanting one thing only
Contact the Catfish guys on MTV. They are in the same country as him and will be able to track him down and find out if he's seeing someone !!! In all seriousness though. He's probably chancing his arm with lots of girls. He knows, being three thousand miles apart that sex or even romance with you is almost completely out of the question. I'd try and put him out of your thoughts and move on, if I were you.
I hate to say it, but this isn't a relationship at all, long distance or not. The guy's in the States and I'm guessing neither of you are in any position to go and see each other?

It doesn't seem like he's interested in anything serious, stop talking to the guy, if you carry on you're just setting yourself up to get hurt.
huh, you think man is gonna read all of that?
Reply 6
Original post by suck a knob
huh, you think man is gonna read all of that?

Did man ask you to comment that? Lol.
Reply 7
Original post by Perksy121
I hate to say it, but this isn't a relationship at all, long distance or not. The guy's in the States and I'm guessing neither of you are in any position to go and see each other?

It doesn't seem like he's interested in anything serious, stop talking to the guy, if you carry on you're just setting yourself up to get hurt.

Yes so true, i completely get what you are saying.

Thank you so much for the advice.
Reply 8
Original post by markova21
Contact the Catfish guys on MTV. They are in the same country as him and will be able to track him down and find out if he's seeing someone !!! In all seriousness though. He's probably chancing his arm with lots of girls. He knows, being three thousand miles apart that sex or even romance with you is almost completely out of the question. I'd try and put him out of your thoughts and move on, if I were you.

I know this so why does he always seem to make an effort to talk to me for everyday for 4 months... ?
Reply 9
Original post by Perksy121

Yes so true he has said that he would come here when he could get the chance but his family wouldn't let him come to England on his own without good reason and i understand that but we did say it could be possible when i am at uni (next year) but the chances are slim so i completely get what you are saying.

Thank you so much for the advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending