The Student Room Group

liability for University College tuition fee and for SFE loan

Hello.
I have applied for the tuition fee and maintenance loan for a Full Time PGCE. I have to register with the University of Friday, 15th of September and SFE will send me a letter only on the 22d od September which will still not be the Entitlement letter for my loan.
The University is asking me to tick their terms & conditions. These terms and conditions make me liable to pay the university fees and also a 15 % surcharge if I fail to pay the invoice within 14 days.

How can the university make me liable when the SFE will also make me liable to pay the money back after the end of my course?

I cannot guarantee on Friday, 15th of September that I will pay the whole £ 6000 to the university.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Kind regards,
Svava Kim
Original post by Loan4help
Hello.
I have applied for the tuition fee and maintenance loan for a Full Time PGCE. I have to register with the University of Friday, 15th of September and SFE will send me a letter only on the 22d od September which will still not be the Entitlement letter for my loan.
The University is asking me to tick their terms & conditions. These terms and conditions make me liable to pay the university fees and also a 15 % surcharge if I fail to pay the invoice within 14 days.

How can the university make me liable when the SFE will also make me liable to pay the money back after the end of my course?

I cannot guarantee on Friday, 15th of September that I will pay the whole £ 6000 to the university.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Kind regards,
Svava Kim

Talk to the university and make it clear that you have been approved, but you are still waiting for SFE to confirm. In the unlikely event SFE falls through then you will not be able to pay. See what they say. Most universities do not enforce, but you should seek some reassurance on the matter. I think you will be fine. If the uni is a large one then they could probably reassure you of what their policy is.

Liability to the uni is different from liability to sfe.

The uni will know about delays from sfe as they will have other students waiting for funding as well. Show them your correspondence which confirms they are satisfied with you being a home student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending