The Student Room Group

Someone out there must know the secret.

I am an IB student writing my script for a small oral presentation for english. I was sitting here wondering "if only i knew what I am doing wrong". My teacher has told me the course is a process so I assume that everyone has to stumble, but surely there is a site somewhere which gives you for instance, tips, words not to use, how to go about writing certain things, from people who have done it already...surely there is somewhere like that?!
Reply 1
Do you actually know for a fact that you are doing something wrong?
Agreed. This is a bizarre thread; you haven't told us what makes you think anything's going wrong or indeed what you're doing at all.
Phrases like "words not to use" and "how to go about writing certain things" make it sound like there's some sort of conspiracy to fail people who don't use precisely the right terminology. English is about personal expression, and you're making it sound like you think there's some sort of magic formula floating around which will enable you to make the "correct", word-perfect answer... :confused:
This thread confuses me, seriously. :s-smilie:
Reply 5
:laugh:

It's quite surreal, I must admit. From what I've gathered, you're writing an "oral presentation script", but are unsure of how to go about it. If you tell us what the script's about, then perhaps we can offer some advice.
Reply 6

ahh its horrible when you just cant seem to get the words out! look for some inspiration!
X

Latest

Trending

Trending