The Student Room Group

Anyone from CBSE qualification?

I have an overall of 64% considering biology, chemistry and physics in 12th standard (INDIA). I dont know how to convert this into the UK grade system. But if anyone studying there could please tell me if I can get through any university with this qualification even if its in a Foundation Year into Medicine?

Difficult in the public Unis, try UCLAN and BUCKINGHAM
Original post by Debbi13
I have an overall of 64% considering biology, chemistry and physics in 12th standard (INDIA). I dont know how to convert this into the UK grade system. But if anyone studying there could please tell me if I can get through any university with this qualification even if its in a Foundation Year into Medicine?

Yes you will, but check international grade requirements.
Reply 3
Original post by mkshyderabad
Difficult in the public Unis, try UCLAN and BUCKINGHAM

But UCLAN isn't GMC approved. Buckingham got theirs recently I guess but I've read that they are not student friendly at all. It wouldnt be worth taking a risk with all that money. Are you studing in any University there?
Reply 4
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Yes you will, but check international grade requirements.

I have checked the qualifications and compared to their academic requirements mine are quite low. I need surety if you are willing to provide me with it please and if not can you please tell me some public universities that I can get through maybe that are GMC approved. Do you know if Aston is GMC approved?
Thank you
Original post by Debbi13
I have checked the qualifications and compared to their academic requirements mine are quite low. I need surety if you are willing to provide me with it please and if not can you please tell me some public universities that I can get through maybe that are GMC approved. Do you know if Aston is GMC approved?
Thank you

I don't but someone in this forum should.
Reply 6
[QUOTE=DreamlinerFinder;73
731736]I don't but someone in this forum should.

Original post by Debbi13

Scratch that, Aston has a rep on here. @Aston University can you assist the OP please?
Reply 8
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Scratch that, Aston has a rep on here. @Aston University can you assist the OP please?

Thanks so much :biggrin:
Original post by Debbi13
Thank you

Our Medical School is indeed GMC approved.

If you wish to learn more about the entry requirements and converting your qualifications to UK equivalents i would speak with our admissions teams directly.

[email protected]

Josh
Reply 10
Original post by Aston University
Our Medical School is indeed GMC approved.

If you wish to learn more about the entry requirements and converting your qualifications to UK equivalents i would speak with our admissions teams directly.

[email protected]

Josh

Thank you. I shall contact them.
If you dont mind me asking, which year did Aston start its medical school?
Original post by Debbi13
Thank you. I shall contact them.
If you dont mind me asking, which year did Aston start its medical school?

Our Medical School is fairly new, we have been accepting PhD students from 2015, but open our doors to our first undergraduate cohort this year.

Josh
Reply 12
Original post by Aston University
Our Medical School is fairly new, we have been accepting PhD students from 2015, but open our doors to our first undergraduate cohort this year.

Josh

Okay. Thank you :smile:
oui
am reapplying this year
had 2 interview invites last year with 88% prediction at grade 12; rejected by 1 & couldn't make it for the other interview.

this year have cbse 84 % achieved and emailed all the ukcat unis.

have not been able to get 4 public unis to commit that they will consider my application (as they consider my academics to be borderline low)

i know that its not the academics that they solely look at, but i also know that they need u to cross a minimum threshold

suggest u try uclan, buckingham, bristol

no point giving you false hopes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
am reapplying this year
had 2 interview invites last year with 88% prediction at grade 12; rejected by 1 & couldn't make it for the other interview.

this year have cbse 84 % achieved and emailed all the ukcat unis.

have not been able to get 4 public unis to commit that they will consider my application (as they consider my academics to be borderline low)

i know that its not the academics that they solely look at, but i also know that they need u to cross a minimum threshold

suggest u try uclan, buckingham, bristol

no point giving you false hopes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah getting into any of the other universities is tough as hell. I tried for Bristol they say my qualifications are low, I know that too but they told me if I could meet any other qualification of theirs then they might reconsider my application. Now I am left with so many courses that the Uni accepts but there is no oppurtunity as such in India. I am in a fit here. Also, you might agree with me on this one- just look at the amount of fees they demand from the international students. I mean they need the qualifications, they need the money, they need UKCAT and also IELTS. We are not considered anywhere.
Btw which Unis did you apply to last year and which are you applying to this year? I feel so stressed right now!! :s-smilie:
Birmingham post interview rejection

QUB could not attend interview

Leeds, Nottingham pre interview rejection

have to yet decide on 2017 applications

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Birmingham post interview rejection

QUB could not attend interview

Leeds, Nottingham pre interview rejection

have to yet decide on 2017 applications

Posted from TSR Mobile

WOW!! Thats sad and also okay if you see.
Yous can always do mbbs in India and go for PG abroad (y).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending