The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine Tuition Loan

Hi,

I applied for Student Finance for a GEM course (4-year). The tuition fee for the course is £9,250. For GEM, I will be required to pay £3,465 of the fees myself and Student Finance will pay the remainder (£5,785). However, on my application, I asked for the highest tuition loan (£9250) under the assumption that Student Finance will correct this based on my course (so will only give me £5,785).

My question is, have I done the right thing or on my application was I meant to put that exact amount SF should pay?

(The reason I didn't do the latter option is because I was worried tuition prices will change)
Original post by sm_1514
Hi,

I applied for Student Finance for a GEM course (4-year). The tuition fee for the course is £9,250. For GEM, I will be required to pay £3,465 of the fees myself and Student Finance will pay the remainder (£5,785). However, on my application, I asked for the highest tuition loan (£9250) under the assumption that Student Finance will correct this based on my course (so will only give me £5,785).

My question is, have I done the right thing or on my application was I meant to put that exact amount SF should pay?

(The reason I didn't do the latter option is because I was worried tuition prices will change)

Hi sm,

If you wish to borrow the Tuition Fee Loan in order to pay the remainder £5,785 we will require you to indicate the amount you wish to borrow in the Loan Request Form. Student finance will be aware that you will be required to self fund the first £3465.

Thanks
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi sm,

I you wish to borrow the Tuition Fee Loan in order to pay the remainder £5,785 we will require you to indicate the amount you wish to borrow in the Loan Request Form. Student finance will be aware that you will be required to self fund the first £3465.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply!

So it is okay I put down max. loan (£9,250)? Or shall I change it to the specific amount?
Original post by sm_1514
Thank you for your reply!

So it is okay I put down max. loan (£9,250)? Or shall I change it to the specific amount?

Hi sm,

If you have entered maximum loan of £9250 this is correct , Student Finance will be aware that you have to pay a short fall.

Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi sm,

If you have entered maximum loan of £9250 this is correct , Student Finance will be aware that you have to pay a short fall.

Thanks

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest