Turn on thread page Beta

Who do you think will WIN the US Presidential Election? watch

ReputationRep:
    This is not who you want to win, there's already a thread for that. This thread is where we consider the mood of the electorate and the effect of the campaigns of the two main contendors and we'll see if UKL is right when the election results come out.

Get voting

ReputationRep:
    You haven't voted yourself I see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    You haven't voted yourself I see.
    I have now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I have now
    I might vote later Though for some reason one of the first things this Saturday morning is to create a thread on US politics, you more than me

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunatly I cannot see Kerry winning - looks like we are in for another 4 years of maddness.

ReputationRep:
    I put Kerry, but that's probably just me being optimistic. It's going to be a pretty close race.

ReputationRep:
    Bush will win. There are a few reasons that he will. First of all we are in the middle of a war and we just cannot change presidents now. Kerry's past is stirring up too much controversy. Bush made one hell of a speech two days ago and Kerry is always boring. I have never seen Kerry show any emotion at all but Bush is very emotional. These are just a few reasons that in the end people will vote Bush.

ReputationRep:
    as much as i would like to admit Bush will be re-elected for a 2nd term...
    Durin the Republican convention they crucified the democrats chances on winnin... especially when Zan Miller a democrat opposed Kerry on prime time tv.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fade Into Black)
    as much as i would like to admit Bush will be re-elected for a 2nd term...
    Durin the Republican convention they crucified the democrats chances on winnin... especially when Zan Miller a dmeocrat opposed Kerry on prime time tv.
    I wish I had seen that speech. I bet it was really good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Moncal)
    I wish I had seen that speech. I bet it was really good.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5891442/

the 'free video' box about half way through the article, contains video of all of the key addresses including Zell Miller's.

ReputationRep:
    I onli saw a few minutes of it, but the Republicans do seem to have left the Democrats on the back foot regardin this situation especially as they continually talk aout his indecisiveness concernin his leadership skills and also how the Republicans try to depict Mr Bush as a loving leader who will lead them onto great things and continue the fight with terrorism.
    I wonder if Tony Blair will get re-elected basing his agenda on what George Bush has said, I mean Blair and Bush have done pretty much the same activities involving terrorism but still Bush is less criticised than Blair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Moncal)
    Bush will win. There are a few reasons that he will. First of all we are in the middle of a war and we just cannot change presidents now. Kerry's past is stirring up too much controversy. Bush made one hell of a speech two days ago and Kerry is always boring. I have never seen Kerry show any emotion at all but Bush is very emotional. These are just a few reasons that in the end people will vote Bush.
    It's no war, the war was officialy over months ago. And don't be so sure about people voting for bush, the latest newsweek has an "If the election was held today" and Bush would get 180 electoral votes, to kerry's 199, with 159 undecided. So as of this poll, more people want kerry.

ReputationRep:
    More bad news for Kerry:

Some new numbers just came out regarding the US economy. The national unemployment rate dipped to 5.4 percent and 144,000 new jobs were created in August. This represents the biggest job gain since May and marked the 12th month in a row that payrolls grew.

It's going to be hard for Kerry to convince us that we're all miserable with economic numbers such as those. Those unemployment numbers are lower than when Clinton was running for his second term and we all thought the economy was good.

By Monday, we will have the results of more polls coming in and I think they'll show a significant bounce for Bush following the convention. Already, a new Time magazine survey showed the president with a 52-41 advantage over Kerry among likely voters. Thats quite a big difference from what we saw in earlier polls.

I think Bush has excellent chances of winning, especially if we keep hearing good economic news.

ReputationRep:
    As much as I want Kerry to win I can't see it happening. I think that it will be very close but Bush will probably win it. The only way that I can see Kerry winning ids if Bush says or does something very stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    As much as I want Kerry to win I can't see it happening. I think that it will be very close but Bush will probably win it. The only way that I can see Kerry winning ids if Bush says or does something very stupid.
    Kerry still has a chance to turn things around in the debates. Senator Kerry is an excellent debater. I've seen his his triumphant defeat of Weld, a popular governor in MA, on television. Kerry is the master of dodging, changing the subject, and non-answers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    Kerry still has a chance to turn things around in the debates. Senator Kerry is an excellent debater. I've seen his his triumphant defeat of Weld, a popular governor in MA, on television. Kerry is the master of dodging, changing the subject, and non-answers.
    Which is why he is a politician. It doesn'e mean he is a bad person or that he would be a bad president.

ReputationRep:
    He does plenty of stupid things. How do you mean when Bush does something stupid?

ReputationRep:
    Which is why he is a politician. It doesn'e mean he is a bad person or that he would be a bad president.
    I never said he was a bad person. He may very well be a nice person.
    His voting record and his indecisiveness suggest that he will be a bad president, especially at this particular time in history.

I've seen, first hand, Kerry's debating skills and he was the master of changing the subject and performed very well. Coming from someone who almost never says anything positive about Kerry, that's high praise.
    However, that doesn't mean he is going to win the debate. As always, people are underestimating Bush when they say that Kerry will take him apart in a debate. Everyone expected Gore to make a mockery of Bush in the debates preceding the 2000 election, but most people felt that Bush got the better of Gore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    He does plenty of stupid things. How do you mean when Bush does something stupid?
    It would have to be pretty bad like say something racist, say that he would insitute the death penalty for pre marital sex ect and there is not chance in hell that he would do any things this bad which means that he will probably win.

ReputationRep:
    LOL he does that all the time!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.