De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

De Montfort University (DMU) 2018 Applicants Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DMU Enquiry Team
Hey soIiIoquy,

The course does not require an interview as part of the application process, so you won't be required to attend and interview; also, as you have received an unconditional offer, it usually means that your place on the tour is secure.

Ahhh

thank you!
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 81
Hey there @nanaa_t!

1. That's great to hear, let us know how you get on, we'd love to hear back!
Got an unconditional from DMU for Forensic Science!

2. Some good unis there too, have you been to visit any of them?
Have been to see Coventry and Leicester

3. Good course, if you don't mind me asking, what got you interested in Forensic Science?
Watching CSI and Police shows

4. How you finding your studies at the moment?
Stressful, but getting there!

5. Awesome!! :biggrin: We cannot wait to see you and show you around the campus! Is there anything you'd like to find out about the Open Day at all?
Accommodation and how the course is assessed

6. We do have some really good facilities and labs for students, have you been to have a look around them at all?
Not yet

7. They're not too far from campus either which is very handy, have you been to look around them at all?
Hope to see them very soon

8. Have you get you your eye on any particular societies at all?
May join ACS

9. Good to hear :smile:

10. That's okay, feel free to give us a shout if you need any help about Student Finance!
Thanks

11. That's a lovely reason, you'll meet loads throughout your time at uni, and have so many memories too!
Original post by soIiIoquy
Ahhh

thank you!

You're welcome, congratulations again on your offer! If there's anything else we can help with, please get in touch and we'll be happy to help!

soIiIoquy
[QUOTE="nanaa_t;75024462"]
Hey there @nanaa_t!

1. That's great to hear, let us know how you get on, we'd love to hear back!
Got an unconditional from DMU for Forensic Science!

2. Some good unis there too, have you been to visit any of them?
Have been to see Coventry and Leicester

3. Good course, if you don't mind me asking, what got you interested in Forensic Science?
Watching CSI and Police shows

4. How you finding your studies at the moment?
Stressful, but getting there!

5. Awesome!! :biggrin: We cannot wait to see you and show you around the campus! Is there anything you'd like to find out about the Open Day at all?
Accommodation and how the course is assessed

6. We do have some really good facilities and labs for students, have you been to have a look around them at all?
Not yet

7. They're not too far from campus either which is very handy, have you been to look around them at all?
Hope to see them very soon

8. Have you get you your eye on any particular societies at all?
May join ACS

9. Good to hear :smile:

10. That's okay, feel free to give us a shout if you need any help about Student Finance!
Thanks

11. That's a lovely reason, you'll meet loads throughout your time at uni, and have so many memories too!

Hi there @nanaa_t!

1. Congratulations on your offer, that's fantastic news!

2. Awesome, how'd you find them?

3. Good place to be inspired though, and CSI is a great show, are you into watching shows along that theme? If so, I definitely recommend Bull which is quite good but it focuses more on the court room aspect.

4. Well try not to worry too much, I am sure you'll be absolutely fine! But hopefully your studies go well and fingers crossed for you, as I know how stressful the last year can get so try and take some rest breaks in between your studies as well.

5. Perfect place to find those out, we do offer an accommodation tour on our Open Day so that's a great way to see what kinds we offer, so I'd definitely recommend signing up for those on the day! We also do course stands which run throughout the day, they're usually manned by students and staff from the course so they're a great place to stop off and talk about assessments as well as get a more detailed perspective of the course.

6. That's okay, you'll have a great opportunity to get a feel for the campus and our facilities on our Open Day! But if you don't, let us know and we'll be happy to arrange a facilities tour.

7. Let us know what you think of our accommodation when you do have a chance to have a look around! :h:

8. Good choice in societies and you can normally meet them and find out more about them on the Sports and Societies fair during Freshers, it's a great way to discuss loads of societies and sign up for the ones that catch your eye!

10. You're welcome! :h:
My application to study Child’s Nursing has officially been received by DMU! So nervous just hope I get an interview! 😬
Original post by emmanoodle
My application to study Child’s Nursing has officially been received by DMU! So nervous just hope I get an interview! 😬

Good luck @emmanoodle! Let us know how you get on, but fingers crossed for you! :biggrin:
Hi everyone,

Merry Christmas, and we hope you're applications are going well! :biggrin:

We just thought we'd introduce ourselves to you as you've all been so kind as to pop into this thread and say a little something about yourselves! We're the Enquiry team here at DMU (De Montfort University) and we help students, applicants and everyone in between find out more about what DMU can offer (from courses, to placements, to our #DMUglobal and #DMULocal opportunities).

We try our best to help students out, as many of our team are former students from DMU, so we try our best to make everyone feel welcome and get to know more about us.

So if you have any questions or need our help at all, you can tag us on a post (@DMU Enquiry Team) on our student room forum.

You can also get in touch with us our new Facebook group, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Linkedin and as usual, you can contact us on [email protected] or call us on +44(0)116 2 50 60 70 or Whatsapp us on +44(0) 7960086989.

We look forward to talking with you soon!

From all of us in the Enquiry Team! :tongue:
Does anyone know when the admissions team break up for christmas?
Also has anyone received an offer for accounting and business management? i have!!
i’m also waiting for a reply back for accounting and finance so has anyone applied for that??
Original post by renxperez
Does anyone know when the admissions team break up for christmas?
Also has anyone received an offer for accounting and business management? i have!!
i’m also waiting for a reply back for accounting and finance so has anyone applied for that??

Hey there @renxperez!

The university is closed on the 22nd December and will reopen on 2nd January 2018!
Congratulations on your offer for Accounting and Business Management! :biggrin:
Good luck and fingers crossed that application too! :smile:
Reply 89
I am going to apply for Art and Design Foundation. I love art and i'm doing it as an A level but it's so restricted so I'm looking for a bit more freedom. The course looks great at DMU and I'm praying i'll get in... If not then my second choice would be Kingston University.
Will you be applying? And when?
Already applied!
Which other Universities are you applying for?
Doesn't matter :biggrin:
What course are you choosing?
Accounting & Finance
What are you currently studying?
A-level Biology
A-level Chemistry
A-level Mathematics
EPQ
What made you choose DMU?
People who enter skilled work after completing the course is considerably high.
Heard a lot of great things about the university.
Which accommodation will you choose?
Not sure yet. Probably Liberty Park but who knows
Are you joining any Societies?
Definitely.
Have you completed UCAS?
Yes.
Have you completed Student Finance?
In the process!
What are you looking forward to the most?
A lot, meeting new people, student life, that sorta stuff.
Start at dmu in March 2018 for adult nursing. Any clue of when the holiday will be roughly. Looking to book a holiday with my family.
Original post by _Jo_Jo
I am going to apply for Art and Design Foundation. I love art and i'm doing it as an A level but it's so restricted so I'm looking for a bit more freedom. The course looks great at DMU and I'm praying i'll get in... If not then my second choice would be Kingston University.

Hey there @_Jo_Jo! Good luck with your application on our Art & Design Foundation course! Let us know how you get on! :biggrin:
Original post by Lord Nutter
Already applied!
Doesn't matter :biggrin:
Accounting & Finance
A-level Biology
A-level Chemistry
A-level Mathematics
EPQ
People who enter skilled work after completing the course is considerably high.
Heard a lot of great things about the university.
Not sure yet. Probably Liberty Park but who knows
Definitely.
Have you completed UCAS?
Yes.
In the process!
A lot, meeting new people, student life, that sorta stuff.

Hey there @Lord Nutter!

Good luck with your application! Let us know how you get on! :smile:

Okay :wink:, well good luck with your applications to those as well!

Good choice, what got you interested in Accounting and Finance?

How you finding it? What are you planning with your EPQ?

We do have a good placements and graduate schemes which help students get experience during and after their course which helps! :biggrin: But we're glad you like the sound of our university. :smile:

If you're stuck on which accommodation to go with, we do offer an accommodation tour on our Open Days where you can see what accommodation we offer; so feel free to come and join us on our next Open Day if you wanted an idea! :smile:

Are there any societies that have caught your eye as of yet?

Awesome! :biggrin:

How are you finding the Student Finance application?

All good things to look forward to! :biggrin:
Original post by Devohannah
Start at dmu in March 2018 for adult nursing. Any clue of when the holiday will be roughly. Looking to book a holiday with my family.

Hey there @Devohannah! I believe the holidays do not differ too much from those whose start in September, you can view our calendar here. However, you are more than welcome to get further clarification regarding this with the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences (who oversee our Nursing courses) on 0116 257 7749.
Reply 95
Does DMU hold tasters days ?
Decided to answer these as well!

1. Yes, I recently finished my UCAS application! :smile:
2. There's also Lancaster, Chester, Gloucestershire and Salford.
3. I've chosen English Language & Creative Writing
4. I'm taking exams in English, Latvian, Mathematics and Literature
5. Unfortunately, I don't have the chance since I'm from outside the UK!
6. The course is very detailed and there's a lot of information available about the life at university, and I like that there's different students talking about their experience on your Youtube channel as well.
7. I'm thinking about private housing, but I haven't made up my mind yet.
8. For sure! Already have a few in mind
9. Yes, completed it very recently
10. Not yet, no
11. Probably just getting stuck into the course as well as meeting new people!
So does DMU only do Open Days and not Applicant Days? I'm trying to find them and i'm having no luck i'm afriad.
1) I've already applied and been given an unconditional offer to study at DMU.

2) Goldsmiths, Kingston, Derby and Abertay.

3) Computer Games Programming.

4) Classics, Film Studies and Chemistry.

5) No, but I'm going on the 13th this Saturday.

6) The course offers everything I could have hoped for in terms of the modules available as well as being able to have the opurtunity to take a work placement.

7) New Wharf Hall.

8) Airsoft and e-sports.

9) Yes.

10) Not yet.

11) The new found freedom, opportunity to make new friends, peace of mind knowing that I'm doing a course I am truly passionate about and ability to excel within it.
All my applications got sent yesterday!

UEA and Edge Hill

Psychology with Criminology

Access to HE: Humanities and Social science

Have you been to an open day?
Unfortunately not :frown:

Reviews and love the look of the campus and life in Leicester

Liberty court

Possibly, will look into it

Have you completed UCAS?
Yes, just waiting for my offers

Not yet

Meeting new people and starting a new chapter in my life!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending