Leicester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Name: Kiran
Course: Psychology
GCSEs: : 8 A-B grades / 1C grade
A2 subjects: Psychology, Sociology, History
Applying anywhere else? Warwick, Loughborough,Liverpool, Nottingham Trent

Has anyone applied for Psychology? I recently sent off my UCAS form my predicted grades are AAB , im hoping to get an offer back as I’d love to put Leicester as my firm choice!
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
GCSEs: 4 A*s, 2As, 2Bs, 1C
AS: D in maths:frown:
A2 subjects: Maths, Psychology, Chemistry
A2 (predictions): A A C (one of the As is actually in maths lol...had to seriously work my ass off for my school to give me anything higher than a B:colondollar:)
Applying anywhere else?: Nottingham, Kent, Keele and Liverpool

Just got my conditional offer today (conditions are ABB/ 128 ucas points & pass in practicals ) !! :u: So happy cos Leicester is in my top three favourites (along with Notts & Kent) and I was worried I wouldn't get an offer because of my predictions
Original post by KIKI2000
Name: Kiran
GCSEs: : 8 A-B grades / 1C grade
A2 subjects: Psychology, Sociology, History
Applying anywhere else? Warwick, Loughborough,Liverpool, Nottingham Trent

Has anyone applied for Psychology? I recently sent off my UCAS form my predicted grades are AAB , im hoping to get an offer back as I’d love to put Leicester as my firm choice!

Yeah I got an offer today, I applied on the 14th December. You’ll probably hear back really soon, good luck !! :smile:
Reply 63
Hi! Quick question, does accepting my unconditional offer through email immediately secure my place at the university? Or I have to pay the tuition fees immediately to secure my place? I will be taking Applied Linguistics and TESOL MA DL. Thank you for your potential response!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by MKBH
Name: MK
Course: English Literature (wants ABB)
AS: DCB (D- lit, C- writing, B- lang)
A2 subjects: English Lit, English language and writing
A2 (predictions or achieved): Achieved CB & predicted B (finishing language A Level this year)
Applying anywhere else? Essex, Northampton, Suffolk, Lincoln

Has anyone heard back yet? I got my application in just before Christmas and I've heard back from 3/4 others. Wondering if I got buried in Christmas applications or if my grades are too low...

I got an offer! Conditional, and they want an A! Going to be tough but I think I can do it! Wish me luck!
Reply 65
Anyone got any offers from English yet? I applied 3 days ago so long wait!
Name: Megan Smith
Course: Poltics and International relations
GCSEs: 5A*s 6As 2Bs
AS: B politics
A2 subjects: Politics, economics and geography
A2 (predictions or achieved): predicted 3As
Applying anywhere else?: Manchester uni, Manchester Met, Sheffield uni and Liverpool uni
Reply 67
Hey, anyone apply to English here?
Original post by jash12
Hi! Quick question, does accepting my unconditional offer through email immediately secure my place at the university? Or I have to pay the tuition fees immediately to secure my place? I will be taking Applied Linguistics and TESOL MA DL. Thank you for your potential response!

Hi,

Congratulations on your offer!

No tuition fees have to be paid until you start earning - they work as a loan in your name that the government pay to the university if you are a British citizen. For more information, please look here.

Accepting your unconditional offer and placing Leicester as your firm choice on UCAS will secure your place here.

Hope this helps!
Jai
Just got an email from Leicester about choosing my minor for my Politics major. Most of them look appealing this is gonna be so hard. Also I'm surprised my email was in junk mail and I'm glad I noticed as it's quite urgent since it'll slow my application up if I don't respond.
Name: Ella
Course: Medicine

I just got an offer today! So happy :smile: Anyone else applied for Medicine?
Got an offer for ABB for History. Has anyone had a conditional offer that's been later upgraded to an unconditional? It's happened to me with a couple other unis and don't know whether it's worth holding out any longer. Also, I'm going to one of Leicesters applicant days and would love to know if anyone else is going for History? And what the lectures might be about so I can do some pre reading?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 72
Name: Dennis
Course: Management Studies
Offer: Unconditional

Anybody applying for the same course?
Name: Rebecca
Course: Medically Biochemistry
GCSEs: 8 As, 3 Bs
AS: Biology, A; French, A; Chemistry, B
A2 subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Geography
I accepted my unconditional for Leicester!
Name: Georgia
Course: Contemporary History
GCSEs: 2As, 7Bs and 1C
A2 Subjects: History, Economics and Literature (all I need is ABB)

Anyone else here going to do history or contemporary history in September (hopefully)? Or even just going in September? I want to try and make some friends before then
Reply 75
Name: Cloud
Course:Financial Economics
GCSEs:3 A*'s, 8 A's and 2 B's
AS: A and C (resting 2/3 maths exams)
A2 subjects:Maths, Accounting and Economics
A2 (predictions or achieved):ABB
Applying anywhere else? Birmingham (declined me ), Oxford brookes (will probably be insurance choice), Brighton and Portsmouth
Name: Sal
Course: History & Politics
GCSEs: 8 A* - C
AS: None
A2 subjects: Psychology, Sociology and Applied Law
A2 (predictions or achieved): D*BC
Applying anywhere else? Coventry (Insurance), Aston, Worcester and Wolverhampton
Original post by dontgivea
Just got an email from Leicester about choosing my minor for my Politics major. Most of them look appealing this is gonna be so hard. Also I'm surprised my email was in junk mail and I'm glad I noticed as it's quite urgent since it'll slow my application up if I don't respond.

Same here, for international relations with me. I've chosen Spanish, languages are apparently very easy as you'll only have to learn at a foundation level but also a very useful skill to leave uni with!
Name: Robert

Subject: International Relations with a Minor in Spanish

Grades (already got em) German A - Politics B - World Development B
Original post by MKBH
I already have a BC and I know that's below the requirement, but I'm predicted another B and with my coursework my teacher said she reckons I could push it up to an A, but she said that once the predicted grades had been issued in September, she wasn't going to change it, and I do plan on working hard. I figured ABC or BBC plus my personal statement might just work for an ABB course. I know it isn't likely, but I already had 4 other places with lower entry requirements listed, and when I was selecting my unis I was advised to pick 1 or 2 unis where the entry requirements would mean I was punching a little above my weight.

Hiya, if you have any extenuating circumstances I really strongly urge you to declare them. I got an offer with a UCAS tarriff way below the typical offer (one of my grades, the B in World Dev is only an AS) let me know if you do and I'll give you some pointers.

Latest

Trending

Trending