University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

The Official University of Essex Applicants Thread 2018 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by elmatron3000

I'm planning to commute to university and afraid that I wont make many friends because I wont be living on campus

One of my friends commutes from London to the Colchester campus and she made friends just fine :smile: The only thing she struggled with was making it on time to her lectures and attending them. Her attendance suffered as a result since she had some early classes, but to be honest, attendance does not matter much! Another one of my friends finished the year with 37% attendance and he is doing alright. I would not worry much about making friends were I you :biggrin:
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by Mariah Del Ray
If anyone is going Essex Univeristy, there is a group chat. Here’s the link:

https://chat.whatsapp.com/LrINDlRnqUV***ssY67XEh

Link doesn't seem to work for me argh! Is there any other way I can join the group chat? :biggrin:
Original post by gemmalou2304
Link doesn't seem to work for me argh! Is there any other way I can join the group chat? :biggrin:

@sini_s22 is an admin, if you send them your number, they should be able to add you :smile:
Original post by Livv_xxoox
Hi guys,
2 things:
Should I be worried that I haven’t had my accommodation offer yet??
+ they’ve asked for CCC do you think they’d still accept me if I got CCD??
Thank youuu x

You get your accommodation offer only if you got unconditional otherwise you wait till results day
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi! My name is Raquel and I recently got accepted my offer to Essex for international relations. Now I'm looking for some advices for accommodations and if someone studies international relations as well, I would like to know more about the life there and find out more about the subjects etc. Thank you! 😊
Reply 226
Original post by Raquel Martinez
Hi! My name is Raquel and I recently got accepted my offer to Essex for international relations. Now I'm looking for some advices for accommodations and if someone studies international relations as well, I would like to know more about the life there and find out more about the subjects etc. Thank you! 😊

International Relations student who is starting her second year in October here! :hi:

Please be more specific, I will be happy to answer any questions you have about the university or our course :h:
Original post by Michiyo
International Relations student who is starting her second year in October here! :hi:

Please be more specific, I will be happy to answer any questions you have about the university or our course :h:

Thank you for your response:smile: I have a lot of doubts bcause I am spanish and education system here is so different. Is there a lot of international students there?
Reply 228
Original post by Raquel Martinez
Thank you for your response:smile: I have a lot of doubts bcause I am spanish and education system here is so different. Is there a lot of international students there?

Sorry for my late reply :getmecoat:

I met a Spanish girl in my German class this year :biggrin: She did well, so I do not think the difference between the educational systems should hold you back :smile: If it helps, I am Romanian and the Romanian educational system is basically the opposite of the English one (I think it is similar to the Spanish one), but I still averaged a First in my coursework :wink:

Do not worry, there are plenty of non-UK students! :h: In fact, in the Department of Government, Britons seem to be rarer than non-Britons :rofl: (No, seriously, most of my classes were comprised of foreigners in majority. Of course there were still plenty of Brits, but seeing an international student at Essex is extremely common.)
Course: Maths and Economics
AS grades (if applicable): I did and exchange year in England and I had BBC
Predicted grades: I am an italian student so we dont have predicted grades but I should get around a 80%
Course: Multimedia Journalism
Predicted BBB
Reply 231
Original post by HeyItssChey
Course: Multimedia Journalism
Predicted BBB

I'm also starting Multimedia Journalism this October at Essex! :smile:
Is there a group chat or something
Reply 233
Original post by YeFool
Is there a group chat or something

There is a group on Facebook. :smile:
Original post by Fialka
I'm also starting Multimedia Journalism this October at Essex! :smile:

Omdz. Hiiiii. How do you feel about if?
Reply 235
Omdz. Hiiiii. How do you feel about if?

Is your place at Essex already firmed or are you still waiting for the results of your qualification? (If so than good luck!! :smile: And where are you from? England? I'm an international student (from the Czech republic) so I really hope I won't be the only non-Brit on the course :biggrin:
Reply 236
Original post by Fialka
Is your place at Essex already firmed or are you still waiting for the results of your qualification? (If so than good luck!! :smile: And where are you from? England? I'm an international student (from the Czech republic) so I really hope I won't be the only non-Brit on the course :biggrin:

Second year student here. There was a Czech girl on my course and Essex has a lot of non-Brits, so do not worry about this :hugs:
Original post by Fialka

That’s coool. Yeah I’m from London. I’m positive there will be other international student.
That’s coool. Yeah I’m from London. I’m positive there will be other international student.

Hey, I'm from London as well, whereabouts are you from?
Hey. I’ll be starting Computer Science at Essex this year. If anyone would like to make a friend feel free to contact me on my instagram: viliusandraitis

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending