University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

The Official University of Essex Applicants Thread 2018 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IKEAPanda37
Hey there :hi:
Ooh nice :thumbsup:
Not yet, I move in tomorrow which is both terrifying :eek: :eek2: :eek3: :eek4: but also proper exciting :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:
I'm studying French, Beginners Spanish and Translation (+ Foundation Welsh) :h: What course are you planning to do? :smile:

ahh good luck!! Freshers looks amazing from everyone's snapchat stories! Let me know how your first day and experience settling in is!

Planning to do plain history. Lots of different optional modules to choose from though which all look so interesting! Like you can combine so much stuff, early and late. You can even learn Greek as a module hahaha :laugh:
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Looking to apply for Biological Sciences course, predicted BBB, hopefully can get an offer 😊
Reply 22
Original post by DontLickMyToast
Looking to apply for Biological Sciences course, predicted BBB, hopefully can get an offer 😊

I am sure you will get an offer with these predictions :yep:

I actually went to the School of Biological Sciences induction this year! :lol: (I am an International Relations student, but my flatmate is studying Biomedical Science and dragged me along. :rolleyes: ) The labs are nice and you get equipment (lab coat, glasses, etc) when you go to your induction, after which you get some light refreshments at the social event. This year only had Pepsi, crisps, and biscuits, but that is better than nothing and there is always hope for better (like the fruits and sandwiches my department had). :smile:

Said flatmate has a module or two in common with the Biological Sciences students, so I will ask her about it tomorrow. :biggrin:

Do you think Essex will be your firm or insurance somehow?

Good luck! :cube:
Hi
Original post by Michiyo
I am sure you will get an offer with these predictions :yep:

I actually went to the School of Biological Sciences induction this year! :lol: (I am an International Relations student, but my flatmate is studying Biomedical Science and dragged me along. :rolleyes: ) The labs are nice and you get equipment (lab coat, glasses, etc) when you go to your induction, after which you get some light refreshments at the social event. This year only had Pepsi, crisps, and biscuits, but that is better than nothing and there is always hope for better (like the fruits and sandwiches my department had). :smile:

Said flatmate has a module or two in common with the Biological Sciences students, so I will ask her about it tomorrow. :biggrin:

Do you think Essex will be your firm or insurance somehow?

Good luck! :cube:

I think Essex will hopefully be my insurance choice but I still think it is a wonderful university! Living in Colchester sounds wonderful too! The history!
Applying to Essex from a US Junior College (I was accepted into an IFP, but the Dept. of Education wouldn't authorize a loan for it so now I'm here.).
Course: BSc Economics with a Placement Year
Needed GPA: 3.00
Current GPA (Which is a bit past midterms now): 3.49 GPA or a 91.17% avg
Hi all!

I haven't quite finished my application yet (why do teachers take so long to do references???) but Essex will likely be my firm choice if I get accepted.

Course: Liberal Arts
Predicted grades: AAA
Reply 27
Original post by DontLickMyToast
I think Essex will hopefully be my insurance choice but I still think it is a wonderful university! Living in Colchester sounds wonderful too! The history!

Colchester is nice and especially good for history enthusiasts since there are three museums there :yep: I have already been to two and they were both great :woo:

Original post by flatline
Applying to Essex from a US Junior College (I was accepted into an IFP, but the Dept. of Education wouldn't authorize a loan for it so now I'm here.).
Course: BSc Economics with a Placement Year
Needed GPA: 3.00
Current GPA (Which is a bit past midterms now): 3.49 GPA or a 91.17% avg

Well done! :clap2:

My flatmate is studying Economics. His schedule is very light (I think he has like 8 or 9 hours of lessons a week? Definitely no more than 11), which makes space for a lot of other things like working, reading, and self-studying :grin: He said he found the mathematics required to be a bit harder than expected, but then again he has not done maths since GCSE (ninth and tenth grade), so that is to be expected :lol: Besides that, it is all good :yes:

In case it helps, you will not be the only American. :wink: I have an American classmate and I met another American during my induction too :eek:

Original post by Rowan-Tree
Hi all!

I haven't quite finished my application yet (why do teachers take so long to do references???) but Essex will likely be my firm choice if I get accepted.

Course: Liberal Arts
Predicted grades: AAA

Wow :shock: Congratulations on these wonderful predicted grades! :bigsmile:

One of my classmates is studying Liberal Arts and loving it :biggrin: He especially likes how flexible it is. In the first year, he only has like a single core/compulsory module and everything else is up to him to choose :giggle:
Original post by Michiyo
Colchester is nice and especially good for history enthusiasts since there are three museums there :yep: I have already been to two and they were both great :woo:

Well done! :clap2:

My flatmate is studying Economics. His schedule is very light (I think he has like 8 or 9 hours of lessons a week? Definitely no more than 11), which makes space for a lot of other things like working, reading, and self-studying :grin: He said he found the mathematics required to be a bit harder than expected, but then again he has not done maths since GCSE (ninth and tenth grade), so that is to be expected :lol: Besides that, it is all good :yes:

In case it helps, you will not be the only American. :wink: I have an American classmate and I met another American during my induction too :eek:

Wow :shock: Congratulations on these wonderful predicted grades! :bigsmile:

One of my classmates is studying Liberal Arts and loving it :biggrin: He especially likes how flexible it is. In the first year, he only has like a single core/compulsory module and everything else is up to him to choose :giggle:

Thank you! :biggrin:

The flexibility is what I want because I like the idea of "making my own degree" and Essex is the most flexible.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Michiyo

Sounds like your flatmate is going the good road my b, I support that. As per the course schedule: I roughly put in 14 hours of studying a day. Because I'm trying to get the best marks possible, ergo its been my life. Whatever is thrown at me, should I attend Essex should be of no issue time wise, so long as I'm developing my human capital I'll be happy.

Furthermore, I don't mind if there's a lack thereof Americans, for what it's worth when I came over by myself last year it was just like home people wise. Ergo, I don't expect any issues.
(edited 6 years ago)
Course: Management and Marketing with year abroad
AS grades (if applicable):
Predicted grades:[BBB]

I got invited to an applicant day interview, i was wondering what kind of questions they ask?

Thank you in advance
Politics w Human Rights [w study abroad]
Predicted : ABB D* [lmao, at AS i got BCD, but w many repeats and taking on a btec, lets hope for the best:ahhhhh:]
(edited 6 years ago)
Course: American Studies
Grades: BBB (currently on a gap year) and an A at AS
Entry Requirements: BBB
Course: LLB Law
Predicted grades: BBB
Invited to an interview
Anyone else recieved an invite for an interview to study psychology?
Reply 35
Course: Modern Languages with year abroad.
I've just got an offer and I can't wait to start in October 2018 :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by brozylo
Course: Modern Languages with year abroad.
I've just got an offer and I can't wait to start in October 2018 :smile:

What languages are you picking and from what level will you start them, if I may ask? :biggrin:
Reply 37
Original post by Michiyo
What languages are you picking and from what level will you start them, if I may ask? :biggrin:

I want to pick Spanish and Mandarin Chinese from the beginner level, Italian from the upper-intermediate and Japanese in Languages for All, because I've started learning it two months ago and it's been great ever since :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Course: Sports and Exercise Science
AS grades (if applicable): D as part of Media A-Level
Predicted grades: ACC

Hey guys, been waiting for a decision since the 24th but I'm hoping to make Essex my firm choice.
Any Anime or Football/Rugby U fans here?
Reply 39
Original post by brozylo
I want to pick Spanish and Mandarin Chinese from the beginner level, Italian from the upper-intermediate and Japanese in Languages for All, because I've started learning it two months ago and it's been great ever since :smile:

Wonderful! :gah: I am studying Japanese through Languages for All at the moment :five: If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask :bigsmile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending