Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, i am thinking of maybe doing dentistry at queen mary's but im unsure if my GCSE grades are good enough for it. I would like to know generally what GCSE grades the students doing dentistry at the moment have achieved so i get an idea of whether im likely to be accepted in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OlivaEllie46)
    Hello, i am thinking of maybe doing dentistry at queen mary's but im unsure if my GCSE grades are good enough for it. I would like to know generally what GCSE grades the students doing dentistry at the moment have achieved so i get an idea of whether im likely to be accepted in the future.
    So what sort of grades do you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheElectrozoid)
    So what sort of grades do you have?
    1A* in maths , 6As and 2Bs in french and english lit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OlivaEllie46)
    1A* in maths , 6As and 2Bs in french and english lit
    To be in a competitive position, ideally you need to have atleast a few more A*s, however, these grades are not the end of the world, and you can still get in. Providing that you do well in your UKCAT and in Year 12 to get amazing predicted grades. When the time comes, if you need help for UKCAT, I'll be able o help (I got 782.5 Band 1)

Look into unis that dont have a massive weighting on GCSEs, I'm pretty sure that Barts doesn't even look at GCSEs, but I'm no sure about Dentistry.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Barts have a 50:50 weighting on the ukcat: everything else.

So as the user above said, if you can work hard and get amazing AS results with good predictions, good UKCAT and good personal statement then you do stand a chance for Queen Mary
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.