The Student Room Group
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website

Arts University Bournemouth Applicants + Freshers Thread 2018!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Name: Kassee ( K - C)
Course: Film Production
Predicted grades: BBC
Also applying at: Coventry , Ravensbourne , UWE and Portsmouth

Anyone else defo going to Aub??
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Kay_19
Omg Kai! It's Kassee ( the girl you met after the interview) i got an offer too! Congrats I hope I'll see you there :smile:))

Wtf! Thats crazy, guess we didn't do so bad after all! You on the 4 year one? Hope to see you too :smile:)))
Original post by edenlny
Name: Eden
Course: Fashion Branding and Communication and the Foundation in the Media pathway
Predicted grades: On a gap year but I passed the French Baccalaureate last year
Also applying at: UCA Epsom, UAL (LCF and CSM) and Middlesex !

I got an offer for Fashion Branding and communication today no news for the foundation though !

Je suis français aussi! (Je fait film production) - il ton demandé d’avoir eu cmbien au bac?
Name: Solal
Course: Film Production
Predicted grades: doing the French baccalaureate so issa different system
Also applying at: Ravensbourne, Westminster, leeds beckett, queens
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by solal225
Je suis français aussi! (Je fait film production) - il ton demandé d’avoir eu cmbien au bac?

cool ça fait plaisir :biggrin: moi j'ai eu 12 pile au bac mention ab l'an dernier et ils m'ont offert une place !
Original post by edenlny
cool ça fait plaisir :biggrin: moi j'ai eu 12 pile au bac mention ab l'an dernier et ils m'ont offert une place !

ah ouai chaud pck'il m'ont accepté a condition que j'ai 12, donc chpence c pile la note qui'ils demandent, bien jouée! :grin:
Reply 26
ah ouai chaud pck'il m'ont accepté a condition que j'ai 12, donc chpence c pile la note qui'ils demandent, bien jouée! :grin:

merci toi aussi :-) !! Bournemouth c'est ton 1er choix ?
Original post by edenlny
merci toi aussi :-) !! Bournemouth c'est ton 1er choix ?

Yes! et toi?
Reply 28
Yes! et toi?

2ème, mon 1er c'est central saint martins à Londres!!
Reply 29
I've accepted my offer for the three-year Film Production BA! Any potential classmates here? :biggrin:
Reply 30
Just got an offer onto the extended year Film production course! :smile: anyone else?
Reply 31
Name: Anna-Kate Nix
Course: Animation Production
Grades: 3.925 GPA
Also applying to Falmouth, University of Edinburgh, Kingston, and Ravensbourne

Been accepted to AUB and just interviewed with Falmouth, and those are my top two. Anyone else debating between these guys or have any advice for me?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by akn327

Been accepted to AUB and just interviewed with Falmouth, and those are my top two. Anyone else debating between these guys or have any advice for me?

Falmouth is a very small town (so small that their one and only marks and spencers is now closing down - Bournemouth's town centre one is closing too but there's 3 others within a 15 minute bus ride!). It's a good university but there's very little there other than the university - lots of tourist, charity and coffee shops and not many places to buy anything else. If you're used to being in a very small community then it could be perfect for you but if you're used to a large town or city lifestyle then it might be a bit of a shock! There's only a small 5 screen cinema in Falmouth - Bournemouth has a 10 screen Odeon in town, a 10 screen (and 6 studio screen) Cineworld at tower park and there's plans for a new multiplex Empire cinema in Poole town centre (and there's the Poole Lighthouse cinema and a bunch of smaller venues too)....that gives some idea of the different sizes of the two towns :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by akn327

Where in the states are you from!? I’m also from the US. I’m waiting to hear back from UAL before I make a decision on AUB.
Reply 34
Original post by KMBartlett
Where in the states are you from!? I’m also from the US. I’m waiting to hear back from UAL before I make a decision on AUB.

I'm from Richmond, Virginia! You?
Original post by akn327
I'm from Richmond, Virginia! You?

No way! I was just in Richmond visiting my sister who lives there. I am from Texas, but I have been working in Pensacola, Florida for a few years now.
Reply 36
Original post by Naomis4
Just got an offer onto the extended year Film production course! :smile: anyone else?

Me too!
I got accepted into the Graphic Design course there :smile: super excited, but im waiting for UAL responses
Original post by Firdepro
I got accepted into the Graphic Design course there :smile: super excited, but im waiting for UAL responses

I'm also waiting to hear back from UAL. I had my interview with Wimbledon a couple of weeks ago. Do you have any idea when they send out responses?
Name: beth
Course: fine art
Predicted grades: bbc
Also applying at: brighton, london met, newcastle

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending