Ruudi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Retaking my first year modules some of them and my payment date it says 'expected' as the status, I've never seen this expected before or in my first year, shouldn't it be scheduled?
Miriam SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Ruudi

The payment status "Expected" means that the payment will be scheduled closer to your payment start date check your "To Do List" to make sure you have done everything you need to do to get your payment.

Thanks Miriam
Aaliyam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What does expected mean if you've completed everything on your to do list ?
Catherine SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Aaliyam)
What does expected mean if you've completed everything on your to do list ?
Hi Aaliyam,

This will show as an expected payment date as we will not make payments to your college or university till they confirm your registration.

Thanks Catherine
Jadegrace23
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi My course started a few weeks back and I have enrolled at uni. My student finance is sorted now and on my payment schedule it says it will be paid on 3rd nov. The status next to it says expected ! What does that mean ?? Thanks
Rona SFE
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jadegrace23)
Hi My course started a few weeks back and I have enrolled at uni. My student finance is sorted now and on my payment schedule it says it will be paid on 3rd nov. The status next to it says expected ! What does that mean ?? Thanks
Hi Jadegrace23,

The proposed date is the date we expect to make your payment, but is only submitted when we receive the confirmation of registration from your university and if this is the first year you have applied for a loan, we have validated your National Insurance number.

Your university use a system we share, called the Student Information System (SIS) to electronically advise, that you have registered on the course, it takes 24 -48 hours to come across from them, on receipt of this, your payment is automatically submitted.

A bank transfer takes three to five working days, you will be able to see when the payment is submitted and available, from your payments tab on your online account.

Thanks Rona
Rereb
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi was your loan paid on the date started or different day? I’ve got the same situation please
Laura S SFE
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Rereb,

The expected or proposed payment date of your loan is generally your course start date as that is the earliest you can receive payment. For the payment to be released in addition to the application being fully approved we need to have valid bank details for you, we also need a validated National Insurance Number which would have been sent off to be checked if you were taking a loan out for the first time. We would also need to have received and processed the Confirmation of Registration (COR) from your University.

Sometimes these things can go through in time for your payment to be made on the proposed payment date but you usually find that it can be a bit later due to when we receive the COR. It isn't sent to us until a student completes their registration process and some institutions send it over quicker than others.

When your payment status shows as prepared or submitted the money has been released and will be in your account within three to five working days. COR is usually given for the whole academic year so your term two and three payments are generally on the proposed payment date advised.

Thanks

Laura
nysmanti
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Processed for payment on scheduled date What does it mean?
Catherine SFE
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nysmanti)
Processed for payment on scheduled date What does it mean?
Hi Nysmanti,

Once Student Finance have your bank account details, NINO and confirmation from your College or University they will 'Schedule' your payments. Once your payment has left Student Finance the status will be 'Payment in Progress' it should reach your bank account within 3-5 working days.

Thanks

Catherine
Sammywhin
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi My payment saya. Payment ready to be made. But I have no breakdown of entitlement as of yet. What does this mean and how long will be take.
Lynsey SFE
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sammywhin)
Hi My payment saya. Payment ready to be made. But I have no breakdown of entitlement as of yet. What does this mean and how long will be take.
Hello,

If you log in to your online account, in the top right hand corner you will see ‘Your Finance’ if you click the button, you will be taking to another page where you can view your payment schedule.

It sounds as if your payment has been released to you, which normally takes 3-5 working days to be received.

Thanks, Lynsey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (162)
53.29%
18-20 years old (no) (36)
11.84%
20-25 years old (yes) (49)
16.12%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.32%
25-30 years old (yes) (20)
6.58%