Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I returned to UCAS track to find out that my application was unsuccessful not because i had not met the grade requirements (They required BBC for the course and i managed BBC) but because i had not completed all the secondary requirements. It was required that i sit an IELTS exam, email them my GCSE Maths certificate and that i make an early deposit. Due to financial constraints among other inconveniences, It was beyond my control and i couldn't complete any of these tasks.

I emailed their admissions team with a clear explanation as to why i cannot get into their university this year if i were to be accepted by them, only to be told that i should not panic. I tried to get into direct contact with the University by calling them up but i still received no help. It Isn't a delicate issue at the moment because I've been scheduled to take a gap year and I expected that i would need to write a second personal statement, which I will begin quite soon. But it would be much simpler if i didn't have to do this, is their any other solution, or might I need to repeat the application process?

On top of that, does BCU have a system in place that allows me to apply to their university only?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paranoid_Glitch)
    I returned to UCAS track to find out that my application was unsuccessful not because i had not met the grade requirements (They required BBC for the course and i managed BBC) but because i had not completed all the secondary requirements...
    Hi Paranoid_Glitch,

Sorry if you feel you haven't received much help so far! From your explanation, are you saying your offer for this year has been declined because it didn't quite meet the grade 2 requirements? If this is the case, then you will need to meet these requirements before your application can be considered again, and so yes I would say that you'd have to reapply for next year if that's when you plan to study, but our admissions department are the people to speak to.

In terms of your final question, a system allowing you to apply to our university only- I'm not quite sure what you mean? If you're applying through UCAS you can have up to 5 applications, but it doesn't matter whether they're at 5 different universities or 5 different courses at all our uni, but there's nothing to stop you applying elsewhere if you apply to us.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
    Lydia

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.