Student finance what are everyone's statuses at this moment in time

Watch
Cookies89
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Wel mine is still scheduled as I had to tpivide some details what is everyone else's ? 2017 entry
Do you have a date
If so can someone explain to me how it works
Otherside22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
"Ready to be paid" or "Payments Scheduled", I believe. Dates are shown on the payment page (the days that the Uni has told SFE that terms begin, I believe), however how it works is:

1 -> You go to uni, and register.
2 -> Uni tells SFE that you are attending university.
3 -> Regardless of what the date is (This could be before or after the date shown on the payment page), the fact your uni has said you've turned up somehow triggers the payment of the maintanance loan.
4 -> You recieve a text saying that SFE has sent the payment to your bank account, and the money will be in your account in 3 working days.
5 -> 3 working days later, and the money is there.

You will only recieve the payment if and when Uni confirms your attendance. If, by the expected date, the uni has not done this, you will not be paid.
Cookies89
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Otherside22)
"Ready to be paid" or "Payments Scheduled", I believe. Dates are shown on the payment page (the days that the Uni has told SFE that terms begin, I believe), however how it works is:

1 -> You go to uni, and register.
2 -> Uni tells SFE that you are attending university.
3 -> Regardless of what the date is (This could be before or after the date shown on the payment page), the fact your uni has said you've turned up somehow triggers the payment of the maintanance loan.
4 -> You recieve a text saying that SFE has sent the payment to your bank account, and the money will be in your account in 3 working days.
5 -> 3 working days later, and the money is there.

You will only recieve the payment if and when Uni confirms your attendance. If, by the expected date, the uni has not done this, you will not be paid.
im only getting the tuition fee loan do you know the process of this
Otherside22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cookies89)
im only getting the tuition fee loan do you know the process of this
Tuition fee loans are paid later than maintanance loans (mines going a month later), and go straight to the university. You don't see the money at all. I don't think I've ever even got a text saying that tuition fee loan is being paid.

So long as the university has said you're attending, student finance will pay the university directly when it's time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (20)
15.15%
No one else does (48)
36.36%
I'm embarrassed about my background (15)
11.36%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (41)
31.06%
We don't use a video platform (2)
1.52%
I don't have a camera (2)
1.52%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
3.03%

Watched Threads