The Student Room Group

Ways to study English and Computer Science

I am applying to university this year and am currently on a gap year. My A Levels are in English Literature, Computer Science, and Maths. I want to take both English Lit and Computer Science further if possible because I feel that choosing just one would be too restrictive and bore me (I see this leading to a career in games design ideally.) I absolutely love Stanford's new Computer Science + English Literature degree but obviously that isn't too realistic (I have SAT scores, but none of my grades are quite good enough.) I've also looked in to UCL's Bachelor of Arts and Sciences degree and Birmingham's equivalent. Does anyone know of any other ways I could study both subjects (even if it meant doing postgrad courses somehow etc?) I have looked into Scottish degrees but have been rather quickly brushed away by the ones I inquired at due to the difficulty of one subject being Arts Faculty and the other Science (which I think is an awful academic oversight to be honest, arts and sciences can be incredibly linked.)
Original post by 899071
I am applying to university this year and am currently on a gap year. My A Levels are in English Literature, Computer Science, and Maths. I want to take both English Lit and Computer Science further if possible because I feel that choosing just one would be too restrictive and bore me (I see this leading to a career in games design ideally.) I absolutely love Stanford's new Computer Science + English Literature degree but obviously that isn't too realistic (I have SAT scores, but none of my grades are quite good enough.) I've also looked in to UCL's Bachelor of Arts and Sciences degree and Birmingham's equivalent. Does anyone know of any other ways I could study both subjects (even if it meant doing postgrad courses somehow etc?) I have looked into Scottish degrees but have been rather quickly brushed away by the ones I inquired at due to the difficulty of one subject being Arts Faculty and the other Science (which I think is an awful academic oversight to be honest, arts and sciences can be incredibly linked.)

That seems to be a tricky degree combination to find; keele is the only place i can think of that does that combination
Original post by 899071

Exeter FCH?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending